Doctor of Ministry Admission Requirements
- Apply online or call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9596.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy or via a direct electronic transcript system). Applicants must possess a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent – see below) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- Submit Contact Information (login required) for recommendations from two current colleagues in the ministry.
- The School of Divinity requires you to submit a Professional Vita showing:
- Three years of experience in full-time ministry.
- Experience must be pastoral in nature (pastor, assistant pastor, youth pastor, missionary, etc.) and must be connected to a church body.
- Applicants must have a current place of ministry where they can successfully carry out a ministry-related project.
- Statement of Purpose (300-word minimum) defining a student’s ministry and goals for developing a thesis project to improve ministry or a related area.
- An Ecclesiastical endorsement indicating the agreement of the church (or employing organization) with your participation in the Doctor of Ministry program. The endorsement letter must be signed with pen (no typed signatures allowed) and can be faxed, mailed, or scanned and emailed as an attachment.
- Submit the School of Divinity Questionnaire (login required).
- Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an approved alternate test of English proficiency: International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or the International Test of English Proficiency (iTEP). Applicants must earn a minimum score of 80 on the Internet-based TOEFL, a 3.9 on the iTEP, a 6.5 on the IELTS, or an equivalent score on an approved alternate test for all graduate degree programs. Applicants who have an earned degree from a college or university in the U.S. or other English-speaking country or school may have the TOEFL requirement waived by the Office of Graduate Admissions. Alternatively, applicants who complete the levels of English-Second-Language (ESL) instruction indicated below at one of two schools will have the TOEFL requirement waived. Students will have their application held until transcripts from one of the below schools are received.
The School of Divinity’s Master of Divinity Equivalency Policy
Students without a conferred, nationally or regionally accredited Master of Divinity must send transcripts meeting the M.Div equivalency standard below to be eligible for admission:
- Regionally or nationally accredited seminary degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing.
- 72 accredited graduate hours (any graduate credit)
- 9 hours in graduate-level bible/theology
- 9 hours in graduate-level church history/apologetics/evangelism/discipleship/global studies/leadership/homiletics/church ministries
Doctor of Ministry Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Back to the Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)