Further the Kingdom of God with Our Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Ministry Leadership
At Liberty University, our 100% online Doctor of Ministry in Ministry Leadership degree is designed to equip you with the practical ministry skills you need to advance your ministry. Our online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership degree will prepare you to handle the administrative conflicts and organizational challenges that sometimes arise in ministry as well as provide you with practical, field-tested administration methods. Pursuing biblical leadership training at the doctoral level will provide you with a terminal degree that shows you are ready to handle any Christian ministry challenge.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership Degree?
Liberty University’s online Doctor of Ministry degree programs are focused on practical ministry principles, so you can gain the skills and knowledge you need to better serve in your specific ministry context. Our online D.Min. degree uniquely combines three distinct components crucial for the engaged Christian leader: our program is gospel-centered, accessible, and practical. During your online doctorate in ministry leadership, you will focus on practical solutions in addition to traditional theoretical research, ensuring that you can use the skills and knowledge you gain from your degree to solve real-world problems.
Students in any of our online D.Min. degree tracks will receive practical ministry and discipleship training, but the ministry leadership area of study specifically prepares Christian leaders with the strategic planning and administrative skills to manage the day-to-day operation and proper planning of a successful Christian organization. An advanced doctoral study in executive leadership and church leadership will set you apart and give you the tools needed to succeed in a leadership role wherever God calls you to serve.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (DMin)?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing our online Doctor of Ministry degree will offer a practice-focused training that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- The variety of specializations in our online D.Min. degree allows you to choose a track that directly relates to your ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research and scholarship under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian professors to better equip you for your ministry.
- You will complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Ministry in Ministry Leadership Degree Program?
Our online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership builds on your previous experiences to help you develop effective strategic leadership skills. Our doctoral degree in ministry leadership will help you develop better conflict resolution, management, decision-making, and long-term planning skills you can use to guide your ministry to success. Through our D.Min. in Ministry Leadership, you will learn important principles and methods that will help you disciple others to think strategically and become leaders in their own ministry.
All of these courses are designed and delivered to help you think through and develop your research for the final thesis project, which will be focused on a ministry topic of your choice.
- LEAD 810 – Strategies for Developing Leaders
- LEAD 820 – Organizational Leadership in the Church
- LEAD 830 – Pastoral Leadership
- PACO 825 – Growth and Development of the Contemporary Minister
Our Online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- You can view the School of Divinity Handbook for information about the online D.Min. degree’s thesis project.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Course Syllabi. (login required)
Potential Career Options with a D.Min. Degree in Ministry Leadership
- Senior Church Administrator
- Senior Pastor
- Lead/Associate Pastor
- Discipleship Pastor
- Youth Pastor
- Seminary Professor
Graduates of our online Doctor of Ministry degree program will have a terminal doctorate credential that may provide opportunities to publish academic research and pursue college-level teaching, as well as serve in a senior ministry leadership role. Students who complete the Ministry Leadership area of study for the online DMin degree will be especially effective in leadership and administration roles in Christian ministries and churches, as well as ministry trainers and teachers. These skills may also make students eligible for university-level and seminary teaching.
Our Online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership Program Highlights
- By earning your online D.Min. degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- You’re pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative.
- You can complete our online D.Min. degree in as little as two years.
- Liberty’s Rawlings School of Divinity has experienced Christian counselors and ministry professionals who teach practical ministry skills while imparting deep theological teaching.
- Learn from renowned Christian scholars and ministry professionals such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership (Ed.D.) – An executive leadership, ministry-focused, doctoral degree that will equip you for many Christian leadership roles in and outside of the church.
- Doctor of Education in Community Care and Counseling (Ed.D.) – A practice-based, counseling degree that emphasizes counseling ministry practice.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology and Apologetics (PhD.) – A degree at the highest level of academic research and study with an emphasis in teaching and academic scholarship.
Admission Requirements for Our Online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact Information for two pastoral recommenders
- Official Transcripts showing a Master of Divinity or a Master of Divinity Equivalent
- Three years of ministry experience
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.