Further the Kingdom of God with Liberty University’s DMin in Leadership
Liberty’s online Doctor of Ministry (DMin) in Ministry Leadership will help you develop core leadership skills that can be applied to many different ministry settings. No matter what kind of ministry you are called to, our ministry leadership DMin can equip you to more effectively serve both believers and non-believers.
Strong Christian leaders are vital in every type of ministry, from teaching and hospitality to music and outreach. Maybe you want to serve directly in a local church, or perhaps you’d like to branch out and work for a Christian organization. Either way, Liberty’s doctorate in ministry leadership will prepare you to share the Gospel, minister to others’ spiritual needs, and train up leaders in the church.
Partner with us and prepare to address the administrative and organizational challenges that arise in Christian ministry settings.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online D.Min. Degree in Leadership?
Flexibility | Are you worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities? If so, we have just what you need! Our Doctor of Ministry program is offered 100% online, and the courses have no set login times. You can earn your degree from the comfort of your home, without needing to relocate or take time off from work.
Respected Credentials | Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our ministry leadership degree is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
Practical Training | This is a professional doctorate designed to offer hands-on training in ministry, discipleship, and leadership. You’ll learn how to develop practical solutions to real-world ministry challenges. That way, you can stand out as a leader of excellence and integrity — and equip others to do the same.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can you do with a Doctor of Ministry in Leadership degree?
Earning this degree may open up opportunities for you to publish academic research, teach at a seminary, or become a college professor.
In particular, the ministry leadership cognate will help you qualify for administrative roles within churches, mission agencies, Christian organizations, and parachurch settings.
How long does it take to earn a DMin in Ministry Leadership?
At Liberty, you can complete your DMin in Leadership in as little as 2 years! We offer a fast, flexible path to graduation that lets you earn your degree without putting your life on hold.
Is a DMin in Leadership a terminal degree?
Yes — this is a professional doctorate designed to be the final step in your academic career. You’ll gain practical skills that can be applied directly to your career in ministry.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s DMin in Leadership Courses?
Liberty’s Doctor of Ministry degree in leadership will help hone your skills in conflict resolution, management, strategic leadership, decision-making, and long-term planning. You will explore valuable methods for meeting the spiritual needs of those around you and helping your ministry thrive.
Learn how to conduct doctoral research and promote spiritual formation. Within the ministry leadership concentration, you’ll learn how to train up church leaders who are firmly rooted in the Christian faith and skilled at overseeing ministry programs and projects. You’ll also explore how to manage the daily operations of Christian organizations, allowing you to boost your own effectiveness as a ministry leader.
Toward the end of this program, you will either compile a portfolio or complete an extensive thesis project. That way, you can demonstrate your expertise and apply advanced theological concepts to practical ministry problems.
Upon graduation, you’ll be prepared to train and lead staff teams within your church or organization. Additionally, you’ll know how to mentor and develop other ministry leaders. With this knowledge, you can make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you and help lead others toward Christ.
- DMIN 810 – Foundations for the Doctor of Ministry
- LEAD 810 – Strategies for Developing Leaders
- LEAD 820 – Organizational Leadership in the Church
- LEAD 830 – Ministry Leadership
Ministry Leadership DMin Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our online DMin in Ministry Leadership.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
- You will have a choice between completing a 15-credit-hour thesis project or a 15-credit-hour portfolio.
Potential Careers for Graduates of Our Online DMin Program in Leadership
By earning your Doctor of Ministry at Liberty University, you can pursue a variety of leadership positions within churches, organizations, and institutions of higher education. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Discipleship pastor
- Lead/senior pastor
- Seminary professor
- Senior church administrator
- University professor
- Youth pastor
Highlights of Liberty University’s Doctor of Ministry Online in Leadership
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your doctorate in ministry online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You’re pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester!
- You’ll study under experienced ministry professionals while earning your DMin at Liberty University.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Admission Requirements for Our Doctorate in Ministry Leadership
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Official transcripts
- Previous education showing at least 18 graduate hours of Bible/Theology or ministry-related courses
- Ecclesiastical endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.