Further the Kingdom of God with Our Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Ministry Leadership
At Liberty University, our 100% online Doctor of Ministry in Ministry Leadership degree is designed to equip you with the practical skills you need to advance your ministry. Our online D.Min. degree can prepare you to handle the administrative conflicts and organizational challenges that sometimes arise in ministry as well as provide you with practical, field-tested administration methods. Pursuing biblical leadership training at the doctoral level will provide you with a terminal degree that shows you are ready to handle any Christian ministry challenge.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership?
Liberty University’s online Doctor of Ministry degree programs are focused on practical ministry principles so you can gain the skills and knowledge you need to better serve in your specific ministry context. Our online D.Min. degree uniquely combines gospel-centered, accessible, and practical training for the engaged Christian leader. During your online doctorate in ministry leadership, you will focus on practical solutions in addition to traditional theoretical research, ensuring that you can use the skills and knowledge you gain from your degree to solve real-world problems.
Students in any of our online D.Min. degree tracks will receive practical ministry and discipleship training. The ministry leadership area of study specifically prepares Christian leaders with the strategic planning and administrative skills needed to manage the day-to-day operation and proper planning of a successful Christian organization.
This advanced, doctoral study in executive church leadership will set you apart and give you the tools needed to succeed in whatever leadership role God has called you to.
What Are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)?
Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Our online Doctor of Ministry degree offers a practice-focused training that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
The variety of specializations in our online D.Min. degree allows you to choose a track that directly relates to your ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research and scholarship under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian professors.
You will complete an integrated thesis project to demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Ministry in Ministry Leadership Degree Program?
Our online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership builds on your previous experiences to help strengthen your strategic leadership skills. Our doctoral degree in ministry leadership will help you develop better conflict resolution, management, decision-making, and long-term planning skills. Through our D.Min. in Ministry Leadership, you will learn important principles and methods that can help you disciple others, teaching them how to think strategically and become leaders in their own ministry.
All of these courses are designed and delivered to help you prepare for and develop your research for the final thesis project, which will be focused on a ministry topic of your choice.
- LEAD 810 – Strategies for Developing Leaders
- LEAD 820 – Organizational Leadership in the Church
- LEAD 830 – Ministry Leadership
- PACO 825 – Growth and Development of the Contemporary Minister
Our Online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with a D.Min. Degree in Ministry Leadership
Graduates of our online Doctor of Ministry degree program will have a terminal doctoral credential that may provide opportunities to publish academic research and pursue college-level teaching. This program can also allow you to serve in a senior ministry leadership role.
Students who complete the ministry leadership area of study for the online D.Min. degree will be especially prepared for leadership and administration roles in Christian ministries and churches. These skills may also make students eligible for university-level and seminary teaching.
Some of the specific positions this program can prepare you for include:
- Discipleship pastor
- Lead/associate pastor
- Seminary professor
- Senior church administrator
- Senior pastor
- Youth pastor
Our Online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership Program Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- You’re pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative.
- You can complete our online D.Min. degree in as little as 2 years.
- Liberty’s online seminary is led by experienced Christian counselors and ministry professionals who teach practical ministry skills while imparting deep theological teaching.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership (Ed.D.) – A ministry leadership-focused doctoral degree that can equip you for many Christian leadership roles in and outside of the church.
- Doctor of Education in Community Care and Counseling (Ed.D.) – A practice-based, counseling degree that emphasizes counseling ministry practice.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology and Apologetics (Ph.D.) – This degree provides the highest level of academic research and study with an emphasis on teaching and academic scholarship.
Admission Requirements for Our Online D.Min. in Ministry Leadership Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact information for two pastoral recommenders
- Official transcripts showing a Master of Divinity or a Master of Divinity equivalent
- Ecclesiastical endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita showing 3 years of full-time ministry experience
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.