Influence the Next Generation of Christian Leaders by Earning a Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) Degree in Next Generation Ministry
You cannot effectively grow your ministry without providing discipleship to the next generation of spiritual leaders. Through Liberty University’s 100% online D.Min. in Next Generation Ministry, you will gain an in-depth understanding of how to communicate the Gospel and nurture spiritual growth in children, youth, college students, and young adults.
Our professors will help you develop whole-life discipleship strategies and facilitate the design of a strategy that is customized for your particular ministry setting. They will teach you how to create a community that thrives by focusing on a holistic approach to ministry, from birth to young adulthood. Help fulfill the Great Commission by earning your doctorate degree in next generation ministry from Liberty University.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Next Generation Ministry Online Program?
Our professors are committed to helping you create a successful next-generation ministry in your church or organization. As you learn about next-gen ministry from a biblical perspective, you’ll also receive the advanced training you need to serve well in a ministry-related role. With a calling to share the word of Jesus Christ and make disciples who are growing in their knowledge of Jesus, our online ministry degree will ensure that you are fully prepared for the challenges of reaching children and young adults with the message of the Gospel. Additionally, as an online seminary program, our D.Min. is 100% online, allowing you to remain active in your family, church, and community.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing our online Doctor of Ministry degree will offer a practice-focused training that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- The variety of specializations in our online D.Min. degree allows you to choose a track that directly relates to your ministry.
- You will complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
What Will You Learn in the Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Next Generation Ministry Degree?
Our online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) degree provides an in-depth, well-rounded exploration of biblical principles and the opportunity to enhance your communication skills. This degree program will enhance your understanding and application of the Gospel so that you can develop a successful ministry. Your next generation ministry can be successful if you learn how to develop the leaders of future churches and ministries into effective teachers of the Gospel.
Throughout this degree, you can look forward to strengthening your theological and biblical knowledge so that you can effectively carry out the Great Commission.
- Through classes like Foundational Leadership Models for Next Generation Ministry, experienced professors will help you explore the necessary skills and competencies for leading next generation ministry. This course will introduce current and developing models in response to current cultural issues in the context of local church ministry.
- Our Issues & Trends in Next Generation Ministry course examines the cultural trends and issues affecting the current generation of children, adolescents, and their families.
- Through our Making Disciples for the Next Generation course, you will learn how to develop effective and insightful models for making disciples among children and adolescents in partnership with their families.
- CHMN 840 – Foundational Leadership Models for Next Generation Ministry*
- CHMN 841 – Issues & Trends in Next Generation Ministry*
- CHMN 842 – Making Disciples for the Next Generation*
*Course guides for these courses are coming soon!
Our Online D.Min. in Next Generation Ministry Program Highlights
- By earning your online Doctor of Ministry in Next Generation Ministry degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
You’re pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative.
- You can complete our Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Next Generation Ministry in as little as two years.
- Develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Liberty has similar Doctor of Ministry degree programs that specialize in the areas of discipleship, church revitalization, and ministry leadership. These degree programs offer a wide variety of career paths within the ministry that you might be interested in pursuing.
Our Online D.Min. in Next Generation Ministry Information
- This program falls under our Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the graduate course syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options
- Director of Next Generation Ministries
- Discipleship Pastor
- Lead/Associate Pastor
- Student Pastor
- Youth Pastor
Admission Requirements for Our Online D.Min.
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact Information for two pastoral recommenders
- Official Transcripts showing a Master of Divinity or a Master of Divinity Equivalent
- Three years of ministry experience
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.