Help Revive the Church with Liberty’s Doctor of Ministry Program (DMin) Online in Church Revitalization
Are you currently the pastor of a struggling church? Perhaps you’ve tried everything you can think of to boost congregational growth — prayer, fundraising, recruitment events, and new sermon topics — but despite your best efforts, your church is still struggling to grow. If you’re interested in learning the keys to church revitalization, Liberty University can help.
Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Ministry (DMin) in Church Revitalization can help equip you with the training you need to help churches of all kinds renew their passion for the gospel. In our DMin in Church Revitalization program, you can learn biblical principles for strategically leading a church in fulfilling the Great Commission while navigating conflicts that might arise with humility and grace. You have a calling to help churches refocus on following Christ, and we can help prepare you to follow that calling — wherever God leads you.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what you’re looking for in a doctoral program: affordability, flexibility, rigorous academics, and a dependable support network. Our DMin in Church Revitalization is offered 100% online with no set login times and no required intensives, so you can earn your DMin without leaving the comfort of home. Designed to build on your previous biblical studies, our DMin in Church Revitalization can help you restore your struggling church to a growing church.
Our professors are esteemed Biblical scholars and brilliant theology teachers with years of real-world ministry experience. Better yet, our instructors make themselves available for mentorship opportunities, so you can gain firsthand knowledge from ministers who know how to revitalize a church.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online DMin Degree in Church Revitalization?
At Liberty University, we have a reputation as a renowned institution of higher education and as one of the largest Christian universities in the nation. When you earn your DMin degree with us, you can have confidence knowing that Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
In addition, our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Our mission is to give you the best education possible and prepare you to change the world as a Champion for Christ.
As a nonprofit university, we offer a highly competitive tuition rate to make our programs as affordable as possible. While other universities are increasing their tuition, we have frozen our tuition rates for 7 years and offer a $2,750 block rate for DMin students taking 7 to 15 credit hours per semester. In addition, we have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
What Are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (DMin)?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our online Doctor of Ministry degree offers practice-focused training that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- You will choose to complete either an integrated thesis or a portfolio project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
- Your thesis or portfolio project will provide you with an opportunity to dig into research under the mentorship of Christian scholars to better equip you for your ministry.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Doctor of Ministry Program (DMin) in Church Revitalization Degree Program?
In addition to the core Doctor of Ministry courses and thesis or portfolio, our church revitalization specialization features courses that offer you in-depth, essential lessons in biblical leadership and topics related to conflict during church revitalization. Our goal is for you to learn the essential strategies necessary to confront concerns and implement positive changes within the church’s ministry to fulfill the Great Commission.
Our online DMin program in church revitalization begins with foundational studies in ministry, personal spiritual formation, and biblical leadership in church revitalization. From there, you will venture into strategic church leadership and conflict in church revitalization before beginning your portfolio project or thesis.
What is church revitalization?
Church revitalization is a term used to describe efforts and measures taken to nourish a struggling church back to health. Church revitalization requires more than growing the size of your congregation — it involves a spirited effort to help the church rediscover what made it previously successful. Church revitalization also requires a renewed commitment to glorifying God and seeking His will in all church decisions.
If you’re a leader in a struggling church, revitalization efforts may be one of your chief responsibilities. Gain valuable, practical training at Liberty and help turn your church into a thriving, successful ministry.
The portfolio option of your online DMin consists of 4 micro-projects and one presentation. The first micro-project offers advanced study of Biblical precedence. Upon completion of your first project, you will embark on a sequential study of current and historical practice, personal engagement, and recommended engagement in ministry leadership. The final step in the project is to present your portfolio to our School of Divinity faculty.
The thesis track of our online DMin program offers a traditional conclusion to your doctoral program. If you choose the thesis track instead of a portfolio project, you will begin by conducting research and developing your thesis. From there, you will develop your proposal, complete two writing stages, and defend your thesis before our School of Divinity faculty.
- CHMN 810 – Biblical Leadership in Church Revitalization
- CHMN 820 – Strategic Leadership for Church Revitalization
- CHMN 830 – Change and Conflict in Church Revitalization
- DSMN 815 – Personal Spiritual Formation
Our Online DMin in Church Revitalization Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online Doctor of Ministry degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
You’re pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 per semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours.* This can save you up to $6,000 a semester!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Students can complete our online D.Min. degree in as little as 2 years!
- Liberty University’s online seminary programs within the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity are led by experienced Christian counselors and ministry professionals who teach practical ministry skills, impart deep theological teaching, and know how to cultivate church growth.
*Credits taken below 7 and above 15 are charged at the part-time rate.
Our Online DMin in Church Revitalization Degree Information
- The D.Min. program falls under our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
- You will have a choice between completing a 15-credit-hour thesis project or a 15-credit-hour portfolio.
Potential Careers with a DMin Degree in Church Revitalization
- Associate pastor
- Ministry leader
- Pastoral counselor (non-licensure)
- Senior pastor
- Youth pastor
Our Online Doctor of Ministry in Church Revitalization Degree Program Admission Requirements
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Professional Vita
- Official transcripts
- Previous education showing at least 18 hours of graduate-level Bible/Theology or ministry-related courses
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.