Help Your Community Heal and Grow with Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Chaplaincy
Our 100% online Doctor of Ministry in Chaplaincy degree provides you with the advanced training you need to support those around you both emotionally and spiritually through crises, helping them to heal and grow. At Liberty, our mission is to develop Christ-centered men and women with the values, passion, and skills needed to change the world. Partner with us in a D.Min. in Chaplaincy degree that helps you reach your full potential, so you can make the impact as a chaplain you always knew you could.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry in Chaplaincy Degree?
As one of the largest Christian universities in the nation, we have the experience and resources you need to further your biblical understanding as well as your practical ministry skills. Our D.Min. degree combines a biblical worldview with quality academics to help prepare you for the next step in your ministry career. In our Doctor of Ministry – Chaplaincy program, all of your classes are offered 100% online with no set login times, giving you the flexibility you need to pursue your degree without disrupting your current ministry.
As a nonprofit university, we offer a highly competitive tuition rate to make our programs as affordable as possible. While other universities are increasing their tuition, While other universities are increasing their tuition, we offer a $2,750 block rate for D.Min. students taking 7 or more credits a semester.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing our online Doctor of Ministry degree will offer a practice-focused training that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- The customizable content of the online D.Min. degree allows you to choose courses that directly relate to your ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research and scholarship under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian professors to better equip you for your ministry.
- You will complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
What Will You Learn in Our Online D.Min. in Chaplaincy Degree Program?
Our Doctor of Ministry in Chaplaincy degree offers core ministry courses with a focus on research, culminating in a thesis requirement. Our chaplaincy specialization will equip you with an in-depth study of Scripture, biblical leadership principles and strategies, and the essential doctrines of the Christian faith so you can minister to the diverse spiritual needs you encounter. With classes in crisis counseling, leadership, and discipleship, our online D.Min. in Chaplaincy degree program will prepare you to be a biblically sound spiritual leader for those in need.
- CHPL 810 – Practical Theology of Chaplaincy
- CHPL 820 – Chaplain Strategic Leadership
- CHPL 830 – Ethics for Chaplain Leaders
Our Online D.Min. in Chaplaincy Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your online D.Min. in Chaplaincy from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- You are pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative.
- You can complete your online D.Min. degree in as little as two years.
- Liberty University’s online seminary, the Rawlings School of Divinity, has experienced Christian counselors and ministry professionals who teach practical ministry skills while imparting deep theological teaching.
- Develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Liberty has Doctor of Ministry degree programs that specialize in similar areas such as pastoral counseling, expository preaching, worship, and ministry leadership, to name a few. These degree programs offer a wide variety of career opportunities within ministry-related fields that you might be interested in pursuing.
Online Doctorate in Chaplaincy Ministry Degree Information
- A nine-credit-hour thesis is required. You can review the D.Min. Thesis Project Handbook for information about the thesis requirement.
- This D.Min. program falls under our Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Doctorate of Chaplaincy Degree
- Corporate Chaplain
- Military Chaplain
- Hospital/Fire/Police Chaplaincy
Admission Requirements for Our Online D.Min. in Chaplaincy Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact Information for two pastoral recommenders
- Official Transcripts showing a Master of Divinity or a Master of Divinity Equivalent
- Three years of ministry experience
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.