Help Your Community Heal and Grow with Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Chaplaincy
Our 100% online Doctor of Ministry in Chaplaincy degree provides you with the advanced training you need to support those around you both emotionally and spiritually through crises, helping them to heal and grow. At Liberty, our mission is to develop Christ-centered men and women with the values, passion, and skills needed to change the world. Partner with us by pursuing a D.Min. in Chaplaincy degree that helps you reach your full potential, so you can make the impact as a chaplain you always knew you could.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry in Chaplaincy Degree?
As one of the largest Christian universities in the nation, we have the experience and resources you need to further your biblical understanding as well as your practical ministry skills. Our D.Min. degree combines a biblical worldview with quality academics to help prepare you for the next step in your ministry career. In our Doctor of Ministry in Chaplaincy program, all of your classes are offered 100% online with no set login times, giving you the flexibility you need to pursue your degree without disrupting your current ministry.
As a nonprofit university, we offer a highly competitive tuition rate to make our programs as affordable as possible. While other universities are increasing their tuition, we offer a $2,750 block rate for D.Min. students taking 7-15 credits per semester.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing our online Doctor of Ministry degree will offer practice-focused training that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- The customizable content of the online D.Min. degree allows you to choose courses that directly relate to your ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research and scholarship under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian professors to better equip you for your ministry.
- You will choose to complete either an integrated thesis or a portfolio project that will challenge you to demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Online D.Min. in Chaplaincy Degree Program?
Our Doctor of Ministry in Chaplaincy degree offers core ministry courses with a focus on research, culminating in a final thesis or portfolio project. Our chaplaincy specialization will equip you with an in-depth study of Scripture, biblical leadership principles and strategies, and the essential doctrines of the Christian faith so you can minister to the diverse spiritual needs you encounter. With classes in crisis counseling, leadership, and discipleship, our online D.Min. in Chaplaincy degree program will prepare you to be a biblically sound spiritual leader for those in need.
- CHPL 810 – Practical Theology of Chaplaincy
- CHPL 820 – Chaplain Strategic Leadership
- CHPL 830 – Ethics for Chaplain Leaders
Our Online D.Min. in Chaplaincy Degree Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online D.Min. in Chaplaincy from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- You are pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 per semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 per semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete your online D.Min. degree in as little as 2 years.
- Liberty University’s online seminary, the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, has experienced Christian counselors and ministry professionals who teach practical ministry skills while imparting deep theological teaching.
- Develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
Online Doctorate in Chaplaincy Ministry Degree Information
- This D.Min. program falls under our John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
- A 15-credit-hour thesis project or portfolio is required.
Potential Career Options with a Doctorate of Chaplaincy Degree
- Corporate chaplain
- Hospital/fire/police chaplain
- Military chaplain
Admission Requirements for Our Online D.Min. in Chaplaincy Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Official Transcripts showing a master’s degree with at least 18 hours of Bible/Theology or ministry-related courses
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.