Prepare to Lead in Christian Counseling with Our Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Pastoral Counseling Degree
At Liberty University, our 100% online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Pastoral Counseling degree is designed to equip you to advance your ministry through gospel-centered, accessible, and practical ministry skills. Our online Doctor of Ministry degree in Pastoral Counseling provides more advanced training in Christian counseling and pastoral care that will allow you to incorporate biblical counseling practice with your ministry. If you want to be better equipped to minister to the spiritual and mental health of your congregation, our D.Min. in Pastoral Counseling degree will give you the skills and knowledge you need.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online D.Min. in Pastoral Counseling Degree?
Our online Doctor of Ministry degree program is focused on practical ministry training so that you can study the skills and knowledge you need for your specific ministry context. If you are already a ministry professional and find you lack the training to help people struggling with spiritual and mental health crises, our online D.Min. in Pastoral Counseling degree will give you the foundation of knowledge you need. During your online Doctor of Ministry in Pastoral Counseling program, you will focus on practical solutions to ministry challenges rather than theoretical research, ensuring that you will be able to use the skills and knowledge you gain from this program to solve real-world problems.
This program is designed to build on your ministry experience in support of Christian counseling and pastoral care, as well as provide you with important ministry-specific counseling skills. If you want to branch out into a Christian counseling role, the field-specific training and biblical counseling techniques in this Pastoral Counseling doctoral degree will provide valuable tools for a variety of ministry settings.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (DMin)?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
- Completing the online Doctor of Ministry in Pastoral Counseling program will give you a practice-focused degree that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- Our online D.Min. degree’s specializations allow you to focus directly on your area of ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian scholars to better equip you for your ministry.
- If you choose to take advantage of the optional on-campus intensives, you will have additional hands-on training and meet directly with your peers and professors.
- You will complete an integrated dissertation project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced counseling theories to practical problems.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctor of Ministry in Pastoral Counseling Degree Program?
The core content in our online DMin degree program provides the basis for advanced doctoral-level academic research and writing that will carry into the rest of the ministry-specific course content and thesis project. In your doctorate degree in Pastoral Counseling, you will learn advanced biblical counseling techniques and explore current issues in society as they relate to counseling. You online Pastoral Counseling classes will provide a diverse set of practical skills that will allow you to address many different modern-day problems.
All of the courses in the DMin degree program is designed and delivered in a way to help you develop your research for the final thesis project, which will be focused on a ministry topic of your choice.
Our Online Pastoral Counseling Doctorate Degree Information
- This DMin program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- You can view the School of Divinity Handbook for information about the online DMin degree thesis project.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Course Syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Doctoral Degree in Pastoral Counseling
- Senior Church Administrator
- Senior Pastor
- Lead/Associate Pastor
- Youth Pastor
- Church Planter
- Worship Leader
- Church Counselor
- Community Chaplain
Graduates of our online Doctor of Ministry degree will have a terminal doctorate credential that may provide opportunities to publish academic research and pursue college-level teaching, as well as serve in a senior ministry leadership role. The practical skills and knowledge learned in the Pastoral Counseling DMin degree will equip students for many areas of counseling ministry, such as in a Christian Counseling center, nonprofit counseling center, or other ministry-focused counseling organizations. Please note that many clinical counseling roles will require individual state licensure.
Our Online DMin in Pastoral Counseling Program Highlights
- By earning your online DMin degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
You’re pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’re lowering our tuition for our Doctor of Ministry programs for the 2018-19 academic year by instituting a $2,750 block rate for DMin programs.
- You can complete this online DMin degree online in as little as two years.
- Liberty University’s online seminary, the Rawlings School of Divinity, has experienced Christian counselors and ministry professionals who teach practical ministry skills while imparting deep theological teaching.
- Learn from renowned Christian scholars and ministry professionals such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns, Dr. Harold Willmington, and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
- Develop broad experience in Christian counseling and pastoral care to address mental and spiritual health issues in your biblical counseling practice.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership (Ed.D.) – An executive leadership, ministry-focused, doctoral degree that will equip you for many Christian leadership roles in and outside of the Church.
- Doctor of Education in Community Care and Counseling (Ed.D.) – A practice-based, counseling degree that emphasizes counseling ministry practice.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology and Apologetics (Ph.D.) – A degree with the highest level of academic research and study with an emphasis in teaching and academic scholarship.
Admission Requirements for Our Online D.Min. in Pastoral Counseling Degree Program
Applicants must have a a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Two Pastoral Recommendation
- Official Transcripts showing a Master of Divinity or a Master of Divinity Equivalent
- Three years of pastoral experience
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.