Prepare to Defend the Faith with Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Theology and Apologetics Degree
You are passionate about defending the truth of Scripture with grace and humility, and our 100% online Doctor of Ministry in Theology and Apologetics degree can help you expand your knowledge and skills so you can broaden your ministry. Our D.Min. in Theology and Apologetics degree will teach you more advanced cultural engagement skills, so you can practically apply the theoretical knowledge you gain. At Liberty, we are dedicated to helping you achieve success. Partner with us and let us help you broaden the impact of your apologetics ministry.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Theology and Apologetics Online Program?
Liberty University is a renowned institution of higher education, well known as one of the largest Christian universities in the nation. As a nonprofit university, we offer a highly competitive tuition rate to make our programs as affordable as possible. While other universities are increasing their tuition, we want to equip ministry workers without weighing them down. Our D.Min. program has a block rate of just $2,750 a semester for students taking 7 to 15 credits. If you are planning to take less than 7 credits, you will still receive a discounted rate of just $395 a credit hour!
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) Degree?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing our online Doctor of Ministry program gives you a practice-focused degree that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- The online D.Min. degree’s variety of specializations allows you to focus directly on issues relating to your ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian scholars to better equip you for your ministry.
- You will complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Doctor of Ministry in Theology and Apologetics Degree Program?
Our online Doctor of Ministry in Theology and Apologetics degree provides you with an advanced study of the history and defense of the Christian faith. In our D.Min. in Theology and Apologetics degree program, you will dive deep into the Old and New Testaments. Our courses in church history will also strengthen your understanding of the Christian faith. Our doctorate degree in theology and apologetics can help you develop skills in doctoral-level research and writing, theological methodology, and bibliography – all vital elements of accurate and useful scholarship.
- APOL 810 – Miracles, the Resurrection, and Christian Ministry
- APOL 820 – Cultural Apologetics
- THEO 810 – Theology of the Gospel
Our Online D.Min. in Theology and Apologetics Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your online D.Min. in Theology and Apologetics from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
You are pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative.
- You can complete your D.Min. degree online in as little as two years.
- You will learn from renowned Christian scholars and ministry professionals such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
- You will develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
- You will be able to create powerful sermons that will help your congregation grow in their faith and understand scripture and deeper theological truths.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Liberty has Doctor of Ministry degree programs that specialize in similar areas such as pastoral counseling, expository preaching, worship, and ministry leadership, to name a few. These degree programs offer a wide variety of career opportunities within ministry-related fields that you might be interested in pursuing.
Our Online Theology and Apologetics Doctorate Degree Information
- A nine-credit-hour thesis is required. You can review more information about the thesis requirement in our DMIN Thesis Project Handbook.
- This D.Min. program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Doctoral Degree in Theology and Apologetics
- Senior Pastor
- Lead/Associate Pastor
- Pastoral Counselor
- Preaching Pastor
Admission Requirements for Our Online D.Min. in Theology and Apologetics Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact Information for two pastoral recommenders
- Official Transcripts showing a Master of Divinity or a Master of Divinity Equivalent
- Three years of ministry experience
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.