Prepare to Defend Your Faith with Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Theology and Apologetics Degree
If you are someone who is passionate about defending the truth of Scripture with grace and humility, our 100% online Doctor of Ministry in Theology and Apologetics degree can help you expand your knowledge and skills to broaden your ministry. Our D.Min. in Theology and Apologetics degree will teach you more advanced cultural engagement skills, so you can practically apply the theoretical knowledge you gain. At Liberty, we are dedicated to helping you achieve success. Partner with us, and we’ll help you broaden the impact of your apologetics ministry.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Theology and Apologetics Online Program?
Liberty University is a renowned institution of higher education, well known as one of the largest Christian universities in the nation. As a nonprofit university, we offer a highly competitive tuition rate to make our programs as affordable as possible. While other universities are increasing their tuition, we want to equip ministry workers without weighing them down. Our D.Min. program has a block rate of just $2,750 a semester for students taking 7 to 15 credits. If you are planning to take less than 7 credits, you will still receive a discounted rate of just $395 per credit hour!
What Are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) Degree?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing our online Doctor of Ministry program gives you a practice-focused degree that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- The online D.Min. degree’s variety of specializations allows you to focus directly on issues relating to your ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian scholars to better equip you for your ministry.
- You will complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Doctor of Ministry in Theology and Apologetics Degree Program?
Our online Doctor of Ministry in Theology and Apologetics degree provides you with an advanced study of the history and defense of the Christian faith. In our D.Min. in Theology and Apologetics degree program, you will dive deep into the Old and New Testaments. Our courses in church history will also strengthen your understanding of the Christian faith. Our doctoral degree in theology and apologetics can help you develop skills in doctoral-level research and writing, theological methodology, and bibliography – all vital elements of accurate and useful scholarship.
- APOL 810 – Miracles, the Resurrection, and Christian Ministry
- APOL 820 – Cultural Apologetics
- THEO 810 – Theology of the Gospel
Our Online D.Min. in Theology and Apologetics Degree Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online D.Min. in Theology and Apologetics degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
You are pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative.
- You can complete your D.Min. degree online in as little as 2 years.
- Learn from content developed by renowned biblical studies scholars in Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
- You will develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
- You will be able to create powerful sermons that will help your congregation grow in their faith and understand Scripture and deeper theological truths.
Our Online Theology and Apologetics Doctorate Degree Information
- A 9-credit-hour thesis is required.
- This D.Min. program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Doctoral Degree in Theology and Apologetics
- Lead/associate pastor
- Pastoral counselor
- Preaching pastor
- Senior pastor
Admission Requirements for Our Online D.Min. in Theology and Apologetics Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Official transcripts showing a master’s degree with at least 18 hours of Bible/Theology or ministry-related courses
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.