Complete the Doctor of Ministry (D.Min) in Discipleship to Help You Fulfill the Great Commission
A Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) degree is the highest and most prestigious ministry-based degree that a student can earn in our School of Divinity. Our D.Min. degree is often pursued by those in church leadership or full-time ministry, as well as those looking to teach at the college level. Through Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Discipleship program, you will learn how to create an effective discipleship ministry in a church or community setting.
With highly trained professors who have years of training and knowledge in ministry, you will receive insight into their experiences and recommendations for furthering the Great Commission. You can advance your spiritual foundation, become more effective in your discipleship ministries, and meet others with similar passions when enrolled in our doctoral discipleship program.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Discipleship Online Program?
Our professors are committed to preparing you for a successful career as they provide you with a solid, biblical foundational training that is necessary to serve well in any ministry-related role. With a calling to share the truth of scripture and make disciples who are growing in their knowledge of Jesus, our online ministry degree will ensure that you are fully prepared for whatever comes during your training and biblical discipleship ministry.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)?
- Unlike many online bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing our online Doctor of Ministry degree will offer a practice-focused training that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- The D.Min. thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian scholars to better equip you for your ministry.
- You will complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in the Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Discipleship Degree?
Our online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min) degree program will not only give you opportunities to assist in the biblical discipleship of others but also further strengthen your theological and biblical foundation. Throughout this degree, you will engage in a variety of courses that will test your discipleship skills and knowledge so that you will be ready for effective ministry.
Through your online courses, our faculty of experienced ministry professionals will teach you how to create a robust discipleship ministry within your local church and community. You will gain further understanding of the early church and how discipleship principles and ministries were created. While you will have structured courses with training in specific topics, our professors are also able to provide insight through their experience in the spiritual formation of others. After taking inspiring classes and learning from some of the best in the field, you will be equipped to take on discipleship roles with confidence.
- DSMN 810 – Biblical and Philosophical Foundations of Disciple Making
- DSMN 820 – Historical and Practical Discipleship Models
- DSMN 830 – Environmental Discipleship Models
- PACO 825 – Growth & Development of the Contemporary Minister
D.Min. Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with a Doctoral Degree in Discipleship
- Senior church administrator
- Senior pastor
- Small group pastor
- Lead/associate pastor
Admission Requirements for the Online D.Min. in Discipleship
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact information for two pastoral recommenders
- Official transcripts showing a Master of Divinity or a Master of Divinity equivalent
- Three years of ministry experience
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
Program Highlights for the Online D.Min. in Discipleship
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- You are pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 per semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative.
- Learn from content developed by renowned biblical studies scholars in Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
- You can complete this Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Discipleship in as little as 2 years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Liberty has similar Doctor of Ministry degree programs that specialize in areas like pastoral counseling, expository preaching, worship, and ministry leadership, to name a few. These degree programs offer a wide variety of career paths within the ministry that you might be interested in pursuing.