Deepen Your Biblical Knowledge with Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition
Are you excited about the idea of combining your passions for knowledge and theology? Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition provides the training and terminal degree you need to make an impact in the Christian community. The purpose of biblical exposition is to help you comprehend the Bible and equip you for a lifetime of study and application of God’s Word. Throughout this degree, you will receive valuable research experience and theological understanding, allowing you to excel in your ministry pursuits.
When you complete your doctorate in Bible exposition, you will open yourself up to more opportunities, from advancing in your current position to gaining exciting new career options. You’ll have the skill set needed to lead ministries, conduct biblical research, author theological books, and teach in higher education. A terminal degree in Bible exposition is an exciting chance to share deeper, theological knowledge with generations to come.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from a degree program that is both challenging and rewarding, where you’ll expand your biblical knowledge and complete new research on theological concepts.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ph.D. in Bible Exposition Online Degree?
Choosing Liberty to pursue your doctorate means more than simply earning a degree. When you choose us, you’re choosing an accredited school with a commitment to spiritual and professional excellence, as well as flexible course scheduling. We believe in providing you with the best educational experience you can have while pursuing your Ph.D., so that is what we consistently strive for.
Liberty University is accredited through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Ministries and employers will recognize what you can offer to their program, ministry, or business because they have the confidence that you earned a quality degree.
At Liberty, we are committed to Training Champions for Christ. This means we do everything with excellence in mind. Our curriculum is built on a foundation of scholarly biblical knowledge and training. Our professors are all professionals in their field with real-life ministerial experience and doctorates in a related field. Additionally, each of our courses is offered in a flexible, 100% online, 8-week format. Your career, family, and ministry commitments are important, so this degree is designed to work around your busy life and schedule.
What Will You Learn in Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition Online Degree?
Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition degree provides the training you need to excel in your current ministerial pursuits, whether you are in church or ministry leadership, education, or theology and professional writing.
Throughout this degree, you’ll learn biblical concepts and foundational knowledge.
- First, you’ll study language skills pertinent to Bible exposition, such as Greek and Hebrew, and you’ll complete core courses in hermeneutics and research preparation.
- Next, you’ll complete courses in history and content exposition from the full range of biblical books and genres.
- Finally, you will complete course work directly related to the development of a Ph.D. dissertation in original research related to the exposition of Scripture.
Highlights of Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition Online Degree
- By earning your doctorate in Bible exposition from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- Unlike many Bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our Ph.D. in Bible Exposition allows you to transfer in 12 qualifying masters-level credit hours, allowing you to complete as few as 48 doctorate-level credits to graduate.
Similar Online Degree Program
Ph.D. in Bible Exposition Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan
- View the course syllabi (login required)
Career Opportunities for Ph.D. in Bible Exposition Online Graduates
- Church Administrator
- Ministry Director
- University Administrator
- Vocational Missionary
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ph.D. in Bible Exposition
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts showing a Master of Arts with at least 15 credit hours of Bible and/or theology courses
- A writing sample: minimum 10-page paper (excluding a cover page, table of contents, and bibliography) in Turabian format (a paper/chapter from a master’s program may be used)
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Departmental approval
- TOEFL scores for students who speak English as a second language
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.