Create Life-Changing Sermons with Our Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Expository Preaching and Teaching Degree
Our 100% online Doctor of Ministry – Expository Preaching and Teaching degree is designed to equip ministry professionals and pastors like you with gospel-centered, accessible, and practical preaching skills. As one of the leading Christian colleges, our online seminary, the Rawlings School of Divinity, was founded by leading Christian scholars and prolific theologians, most of whom still teach the doctoral studies of our D.Min. degree today. Our Expository Preaching and Teaching online D.Min. degree provides advanced study in the art and practice of sound biblical teaching, sermon writing, and Scriptural exposition.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Expository Preaching and Teaching Degree?
Our online Doctor of Ministry degree programs are designed to help you fulfill your full ministry potential. Focused on practical ministry, our online expository preaching classes will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to better serve in your specific ministry context. Our online D.Min. in Expository Preaching degree program is gospel-centered, accessible, and practical – ensuring that you will be able to solve real-world problems.
Our Expository Preaching and Teaching online D.Min. degree provides you with detailed and in-depth teaching, helping you become more a effective teacher and preacher of the Word. In our Expository Preaching and Teaching doctoral degree program, you will be mentored by experienced Christian scholars and preachers who are difference makers.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)?
- Unlike many online bible colleges or online seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing our online Doctor of Ministry program will offer you a practice-focused degree that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- Our online D.Min. degree allows you to choose courses that directly relate to your ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research and scholarship under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian scholars to better equip you for your ministry.
- If you choose to take advantage of the optional on-campus intensives, you will get additional hands-on training and have an opportunity to meet with your peers and professors face to face.
- You will complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
What Will You Learn in Our Online D.Min. in Expository Preaching and Teaching Degree Program?
In our Expository Preaching and Teaching doctoral degree program, you will learn how to integrate biblical truths into timely and relevant messages as well as defend against errors in doctrine. You will also be taught how to apply the most accurate, effective, and engaging teaching methods to your sermons, helping your congregation better understand and remember God’s Word. In your online DMin classes, you will also explore fundamental principles behind church and personal spiritual growth so you will be prepared to better serve and lead God’s people.
For additional hands-on ministry experience, you can take advantage of optional intensives that will connect you with peers and teachers.
Online DMin – Expository Preaching Degree Information
- This online doctoral program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- You can view the School of Divinity Handbook for information about the online DMin degree’s Thesis Project.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Course Syllabi (login required).
Potential Career Options with a DMin Degree in Expository Preaching and Teaching
- Senior Church Administrator
- Senior Pastor
- Lead/Associate Pastor
- Christian Scholar
- Preaching Pastor
- Seminary Professor
Graduates of Liberty’s online Doctor of Ministry degree program will have a terminal doctorate credential that may provide opportunities to publish academic research and pursue college-level teaching, as well as serve in a senior ministry leadership role. By completing our Expository Preaching and Teaching doctoral degree, you will have the education you need to be a more effective teaching or senior pastor. This DMin degree combined with your experience may also make you eligible for university-level and seminary teaching positions.
Expository Preaching and Teaching D.Min. Program Highlights
- By earning your online D.Min. degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in three straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, we’re lowering our tuition for our Doctor of Ministry programs for the 2018-19 academic year by instituting a $2,750 block rate for D.Min. programs.
- Students can complete this online D.Min. Degree in as little as two years.
- Liberty University’s online Seminary, the Rawlings School of Divinity, has experienced Christian counselors and ministry professionals who teach practical ministry skills while imparting deep theological teaching.
- Learn from renowned Christian scholars and ministry professionals in the Liberty University School of Divinity, such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns, Dr. Harold Willmington, and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
- Develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
- Learn to create powerful sermons and teaching that will help your congregation grow in faith with an understanding of scripture and deep theological truths.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership (Ed.D.) – An executive leadership, ministry-focused doctorate that will equip you for many Christian leadership roles in and outside of the Church.
- Doctor of Education in Community Care and Counseling (Ed.D.) – A practice-based, counseling degree that emphasizes counseling ministry practice.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology and Apologetics (Ph.D.) – A degree at the highest level of academic research and study with an emphasis in teaching and academic scholarship.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Doctor of Ministry Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Two Pastoral Recommendation
- Official Transcripts showing a Master of Divinity or a Master of Divinity equivalent
- Three years of pastoral experience
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- School of Divinity Questionnaire
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.