Create Life-Changing Sermons with Our Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Expository Preaching and Teaching
Our 100% online Doctor of Ministry – Expository Preaching and Teaching degree is designed to equip ministry professionals and pastors like you with gospel-centered, accessible, and practical preaching skills. Liberty’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity was founded by leading Christian scholars and prolific theologians, most of whom are still teaching courses in our online seminary programs today. Our expository preaching and teaching online D.Min. degree provides advanced study in the art and practice of sound biblical teaching, sermon writing, and Scriptural exposition.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) – Expository Preaching and Teaching Degree?
Our online seminary programs are designed to help you fulfill your ministry potential. Focused on practical ministry, our online expository preaching classes will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to better serve in your specific ministry context. Our online D.Min. in Expository Preaching degree program is gospel-centered, accessible, and practical – ensuring that you will be able to solve real-world problems.
Our expository preaching and teaching online D.Min. provides you with detailed and in-depth teaching, helping you to become a more effective teacher and preacher of the Word. In our expository preaching and teaching doctoral degree program, you will be mentored by experienced Christian scholars and preachers who are difference makers.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)?
- Unlike many online bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing our online Doctor of Ministry program will offer you a practice-focused degree that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- Our D.Min. allows you to choose courses that directly relate to your ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research and scholarship under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian scholars to better equip you for your ministry.
- You will complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our Online D.Min. in Expository Preaching and Teaching Degree Program?
In our expository preaching and teaching doctoral degree program, you will learn how to integrate biblical truths into timely and relevant messages as well as defend against errors in doctrine. You will also be taught how to apply the most accurate, effective, and engaging teaching methods to your sermons, helping your congregation better understand and remember God’s Word. In your online D.Min. classes, you will also explore fundamental principles behind spiritual growth for individuals and churches so you will be prepared to better serve and lead God’s people.
- HOMI 810 – Preaching the Grand Story of the Bible
- HOMI 820 – Expository Preaching and the Old Testament
- HOMI 830 – Expository Preaching and the New Testament
- PACO 825 – Growth and Development of the Contemporary Minister
Online D.Min. in Expository Preaching Degree Information
- This online doctoral program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with a D.Min. in Expository Preaching and Teaching
- Senior church administrator
- Senior pastor
- Lead/associate pastor
- Christian scholar
- Preaching pastor
- Seminary professor
Graduates of Liberty’s online Doctor of Ministry degree program will have a terminal doctorate credential that may provide opportunities to publish academic research and pursue college-level teaching, as well as serve in a senior ministry leadership role. By completing our expository preaching and teaching doctoral degree, you will have the education you need to be a more effective teaching or senior pastor. This D.Min. degree combined with your experience may also make you eligible for university-level and seminary teaching positions.
Expository Preaching and Teaching D.Min. Program Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Doctor of Ministry degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
You’re pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 per semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative.
- Students can complete this online D.Min. degree in as little as 2 years.
- Liberty University’s online John W. Rawlings School of Divinity has experienced Christian counselors and ministry professionals who teach practical ministry skills while imparting deep theological teaching.
- Learn from content developed by renowned biblical studies scholars in Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
- Develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
- Learn to create powerful sermons and teaching that will help your congregation grow in faith with an understanding of Scripture and deep theological truths.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Doctor of Ministry Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact Information for two pastoral recommenders
- Official Transcripts showing a Master of Divinity or a Master of Divinity Equivalent
- Three years of ministry experience
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.