Lead People to Christ with Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (DMin) – Evangelism and Church Planting Degree
If you feel called to plant a church, our 100% online Doctor of Ministry (DMin) in Evangelism and Church Planting can help you advance your ministry through study of gospel-centered, accessible, and practical ministry skills.
At Liberty, your DMin degree program will be taught by leading Christian scholars, prolific theologians, and esteemed ministry leaders who have years of real-world experience. Our evangelism and church planting doctoral degree combines ministry leadership skills with proven evangelism methods, so you can be prepared for both missions and church planting leadership roles upon completion of your doctoral studies.
What is church planting?
Church planting is the act of recruiting, assembling, and establishing a church. Church planting requires planning that entails evangelizing nonbelievers, mentoring people in their faith, developing church leaders, and organizing the church in a way that is pleasing to God.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry Program in Evangelism and Church Planting?
Our DMin online has been designed with your success in mind. Our Doctor of Ministry – Evangelism and Church Planting degree focuses on practical ministry skills and essential knowledge that you can use to develop your own ministry. Throughout our online Doctor of Ministry classes, you can learn practical solutions to real-world ministry issues that can help you overcome any challenges that your ministry may face.
In our online DMin in Evangelism and Church Planting degree, you will study how to engage with communities of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds by appropriately meeting their needs through ministry. Our evangelism and church planting DMin degree can help you learn how to plant a church using strategic evangelism to help communities of believers develop into passionate witnesses for Christ.
What Are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (DMin)?
- Unlike many online Bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing the online Doctor of Ministry allows you to gain a practice-focused education that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- Our online DMin degree allows you to choose courses that directly relate to your ministry. Your portfolio or thesis will provide an opportunity for you to dig into research and scholarship under the mentorship of our Christian scholars.
- Complete an integrated thesis or portfolio project that will challenge you to demonstrate your knowledge of advanced evangelism outreach theories.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in Our DMin of Evangelism and Church Planting Degree Program?
Our online Doctor of Ministry degree offers an overview of advanced evangelism techniques and church leadership skills that have been used by effective pastors, evangelists, and Christian leaders across the world. You will study principles of leadership for healthy churches and build on your own ministry experience by examining effective strategies for evangelism and community development. Liberty’s DMin in Evangelism and Church Planting degree program can help you learn effective approaches to gospel missions that can be used in your own community.
This degree program is divided into 3 sections: core courses, evangelism and church planting courses, and a portfolio or thesis section. The core courses of this degree will cover foundations for our online DMin program and personal spiritual formation. In the evangelism and church planting courses, you will study biblical foundations for evangelical church planting. You will also study missional considerations and methodology that can be used to build and lead a community of believers.
Our DMin in Evangelism and Church Planting allows you to choose a thesis or portfolio project. If you choose the portfolio, you will complete 4 micro-projects that focus on Biblical precedence, current and historical practice, personal engagement, and recommended engagement. In the final stage of your portfolio, you will present and defend the research you’ve conducted throughout the four micro-projects.
If you choose to complete a thesis, you will begin by developing your research topic. Once your topic has been approved, you will conduct in-depth research and writing before defending your dissertation before our School of Divinity’s faculty. Both the thesis and portfolio are designed to challenge you to apply what you have learned to real-world issues.
- DSMN 815 – Personal Spiritual Formation
- EVCP 810 – Biblical Foundations for Evangelistic Church Planting
- EVCP 820 – Missional Considerations for Evangelistic Church Planting
- EVCP 830 – Methods and Models for Evangelistic Church Planting
Evangelism and Church Planting Doctoral Degree Information
- This online DMin program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
- You will have a choice between completing a 15-credit-hour thesis project or a 15-credit-hour portfolio.
Potential Careers with a Doctor of Ministry Degree in Evangelism and Church Planting
- Church planter
- Discipleship pastor
- Lead/associate pastor
- Senior church administrator
- Senior pastor
- Youth pastor
Our online Doctor of Ministry in Evangelism and Church Planting degree offers you the opportunity to earn a terminal doctorate credential that may provide opportunities to publish academic research, pursue college-level teaching positions, or serve in a senior ministry leadership role. Our evangelism and church planting DMin degree is designed to help prepare students for full-time gospel ministry. The skills you learn throughout this degree program may lead to church and parachurch administrative roles — especially in church planting, overseas missions leadership, and hands-on missions roles.
Our Online Doctor of Ministry in Evangelism and Church Planting Degree Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online DMin degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- You are pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester!
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are included for all divinity courses* at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Learn from content developed by renowned biblical studies scholars in Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity, such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
- Develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
- This degree takes an average of just 2 years to complete.
*Electronic textbooks are not provided for courses that fall under departments outside the School of Divinity.
Admission Requirements for Our Online DMin in Evangelism and Church Planting Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Official transcripts
- Previous education showing at least 18 graduate hours of Bible/Theology or ministry-related courses
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.