Lead People to Christ with Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry – Evangelism and Church Planting Degree
Our 100% online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Evangelism and Church Planting is designed to equip you to advance your ministry through gospel-centered, accessible, and practical ministry skills. At Liberty, you will be taught by leading Christian scholars and prolific theologians with real-world ministry experience throughout your D.Min. degree program. Our evangelism and church planting doctoral degree combines ministry leadership skills with evangelism methods that have been proven in real-world settings, so you will be prepared for both missions and church planting leadership roles.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry Degree in Evangelism and Church Planting?
Our online Doctor of Ministry program is designed with your success in mind and focuses on practical ministry skills and knowledge you need to better serve in your own ministry context. During your online Doctor of Ministry classes, you will focus on practical solutions rather than theoretical research, ensuring that you will be able to solve real-world ministry and evangelism problems.
In our online D.Min. in Evangelism and Church Planting degree, you will learn how to engage with communities of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds by appropriately meeting their needs through ministry. Our Evangelism and Church Planting D.Min. degree will help you learn not only how to start a church, but how to use effective strategic evangelism to help small communities of believers grow into thriving witnesses.
What are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)?
- Unlike many online bible colleges and seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing the online Doctor of Ministry will offer a practice-focused degree that emphasizes solving real-world ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- Our online D.Min. degree allows you to choose courses that directly relate to your ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research and scholarship under the mentorship of our Christian scholars to better equip you for your ministry.
- Complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced evangelism outreach theories to practical problems
What Will You Learn in Our D.Min. of Evangelism and Church Planting Degree Program?
Our online Doctor of Ministry degree will teach you advanced evangelism techniques and church leadership skills that have been used by effective pastors, evangelists, and Christian leaders across the country. You will study principles of leadership for healthy churches and build on your ministry experience by examining effective strategies for evangelism and community development. Once you have completed the D.Min. in Evangelism and Church Planting degree program, you will be equipped with the most effective approaches to gospel missions within communities and be able to apply them to your own community.
- EVCP 810 – Spiritual Factors of Growing Churches
- EVCP 830 – Contemporary Movements in Church Planting
- EVCP 840 – Strategic Evangelism and the Local Church
- PACO 825 – Growth and Development of the Contemporary Minister
Evangelism and Church Planting Doctoral Degree Information
- This online D.Min. program falls under the Rawlings School of Divinity.
- You can view the School of Divinity Handbook for information about the online D.Min. Degree Thesis Project.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Course Syllabi (login required).
Potential Careers with a Doctorate of Ministry Degree in Evangelism and Church Planting
- Senior Church Administrator
- Senior Pastor
- Lead/Associate Pastor
- Youth Pastor
- Church Planter
- Discipleship Pastor
Graduates of the online Doctor of Ministry in Evangelism and Church Planting degree will have a terminal doctorate credential that may provide opportunities to publish academic research and pursue college-level teaching, as well as serve in a senior ministry leadership role. Students who complete the evangelism and church planting D.Min. degree will be equipped for full-time gospel ministry and outreach, as well as equipped to help new churches grow. These skills may lead to church and para-church administrative roles in developing and maintaining church plants, overseas missions leadership, or hands-on missions roles.
Our Online Doctor of Ministry in Evangelism and Church Planting Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your online D.Min. degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- You are pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative.
- Learn from renowned Christian scholars and ministry professionals in our Rawlings School of Divinity, such as Dr. Elmer L. Towns and Dr. Gary R. Habermas.
- Develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Doctor of Education in Christian Leadership (Ed.D.) – An executive leadership, ministry-focused doctorate that will equip you for many Christian leadership roles in and outside of the church.
- Doctor of Education in Community Care and Counseling (Ed.D.) – A practice-based, counseling degree that emphasizes counseling ministry practice.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Theology and Apologetics (PhD.) – A degree at the highest level of academic research and study with an emphasis in teaching and academic scholarship.
Admission Requirements for Our Online D.Min. in Evangelism and Church Planting Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited Master of Divinity degree (or its equivalent) with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Contact Information for two pastoral recommenders
- Official Transcripts showing a Master of Divinity or a Master of Divinity Equivalent
- Three years of ministry experience
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.