Bring Deep Biblical Truth to Your Ministry with Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) in Biblical Studies
Through Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Ministry – Biblical Studies degree, you will gain an in-depth understanding of the Gospel and how to apply biblical theology to your ministry in practical ways. With highly trained professors who have real-world experience in ministry, our doctoral degree in biblical studies will give you greater insight into the Great Commission, biblical interpretation, and useful ministry skills. While enrolled in our online D.Min. degree program, you will build a stronger spiritual foundation, learn to disciple more effectively, and meet others with a similar calling from across the world.
Liberty University’s John W. Rawlings School of Divinity is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Your divinity degree is approved by ATS and has met rigorous accreditation standards, so you can feel confident that your degree is both academically excellent and well-respected among churches, ministries, and nonprofit organizations.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry in Biblical Studies?
You have a calling to share the good news of Jesus Christ and make disciples, and our online ministry degree will help you develop the skills you need to teach the deep truths of Scripture clearly and accurately. Throughout the Doctor of Ministry program, you will receive solid, biblically-based training that will help you further your understanding of Scripture and your ministry. At Liberty, we care about you as an individual. Wherever God is calling you, we are committed to helping you reach your full ministry potential.
What Are the Benefits of Liberty’s Online Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) Degree?
- Unlike many online bible colleges or seminaries, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Completing our online Doctor of Ministry degree will offer practice-focused training that emphasizes real-world solutions to ministry problems with advanced practice and research.
- The customizable content of the online D.Min. degree allows you to choose courses that directly relate to your ministry, and the thesis provides an opportunity to dig into research and scholarship under the mentorship of Liberty’s Christian scholars to better equip you for your ministry.
- Complete an integrated thesis project that will demonstrate your expertise and ability to apply advanced theology and Christian scholarship to practical ministry problems.
Military Tuition Discount
Lead your field with the doctoral degree you want — at a price you’ve earned. As a thank-you for your military service, Liberty University offers current and former service members like you or your spouse multiple pathways to earn a doctoral degree for only $300/credit hour. Find out how you can take advantage of this unique opportunity and reach the pinnacle of your profession — for less.
What Will You Learn in an Online D.Min. in Biblical Studies?
Our online Doctor of Ministry degree program will give you an in-depth, well-rounded exploration in biblical principles while enhancing your communication skills. Throughout this degree program, you will engage in a variety of courses that will build on your understanding and application of the Gospel.
Through classes like Theology of the Bible, you will learn how to use the Gospel message to cultivate a successful ministry. Our Theory and Practice of Biblical Theology course will provide training in biblical theology and how to apply it to your specific ministry. Overall, we want to provide you with enriching courses designed to help you grow and maintain a healthy and thriving church.
- BIBL 810 – Theology of the Gospel
- BIBL 820 – The Theory and Practice of Biblical Theology
- BIBL 830 – The Bible and The Pastor (or Uses of Scripture in Pastoral Ministry)
- EVCP 810 – Spiritual Factors of Growing Churches
Our Online D.Min. in Biblical Studies Program Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
You’re pursuing your degree because you want to serve God and others with excellence. We want to honor that goal by making your degree as affordable as possible. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have a set block rate of $2,750 a semester if you take 7 to 15 credit hours. This can save you up to $6,000 a semester if you are a full-time doctoral student!
- We have replaced nearly all School of Divinity textbooks with no-cost electronic resources through the Inclusive Access initiative.
- Develop practical ministry skills that will help you ensure that individuals and families in your ministry are connected and growing in the church.
- Create powerful sermons that will help your congregation grow in their faith and understand Scripture and deeper theological truths.
Our Online D.Min. in Biblical Studies Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Potential Career Options with a D.Min. Degree in Biblical Studies
- Discipleship pastor
- Lead/associate pastor
- Pastoral counselor
- Seminary professor
- Youth pastor
Admission Requirements for Our Online D.Min. in Biblical Studies Degree Program
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts showing a completed master’s degree with at least 18 hours of Bible/Theology or ministry-related courses
- Divinity Questionnaire
- Ecclesiastical Endorsement
- Statement of Purpose
- Professional Vita
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.