Help Bring Healing to Your Community with Our Online Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling
Our 100% online Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling prepares you to bring healing and hope to your community by building on your skills in Christian counseling, ministry, and biblical studies. Our online pastoral counseling graduate certificate program gives you an in-depth overview of biblical, research-based counseling practices that will prepare you for a variety of ministry-related roles. Through our online Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling, you will be equipped to serve as an unlicensed counselor in your church and community.
In our graduate pastoral counseling certificate program, you will be introduced to a solution-based model for short-term counseling that encompasses cognitive behavioral approaches, biblical teaching, and strong guidance skills. Our Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling program will guide you through foundational theological studies that explore how psychological and biblical concepts intertwine. You will also examine theories that have been developed by prominent Christian counselors and how those theories can be practically applied in your ministry. Our online pastoral counseling certificate will give you a useful understanding of Christian counseling principles and psychological studies to ensure you are equipped for your ministry.
Why Choose Liberty’s Pastoral Counseling Online Graduate Certificate Program?
At Liberty University, we are dedicated to helping you reach your goals, and we’ve used our experience as a pioneer in distance learning to design an academically excellent pastoral counseling graduate certificate program that is also flexible and affordable. Available 100% online, our Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling allows you to complete your coursework when and where it’s convenient for you, so you can stay connected with your family, church, and community. You are furthering your education because you have a passion to minister to others, and to support you in earning your graduate pastoral counseling certificate, we have worked hard keep our tuition low while providing you with the vast resources you need to become a Champion for Christ in the field of Christian counseling.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Graduate Pastoral Counseling Certificate Program?
Throughout our online Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling program, you will study a solutions-based model of Christian counseling that integrates biblical principles and leading mental health research, so you can take a holistic approach to treatment. You will also learn how spirituality affects mental health, equipping you to restore hope with the truth of the gospel as a Christian counselor. In our pastoral counseling graduate certificate program, you will learn from professionals with real-world experience in ministry and counseling who will mentor and teach you practical skills you can apply directly to your own ministry.
- PACO 500 – Introduction to Pastoral Counseling
- PACO 506 – Integration of Psychology and Theology
- PACO 507 – Theology and Spirituality in Counseling
Our Online Pastoral Counseling Graduate Certificate Program Information
- This online certificate program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this pastoral counseling program.
Our Graduate Pastoral Counseling Online Certificate Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- By earning your Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- You can complete our Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling online in as little as 1 semester.
- You can transfer the credits from your pastoral counseling graduate certificate into our Master of Arts in Pastoral Counseling degree when you are ready to further your education.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log in times.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counseling Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 2.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.