Make a Difference in Your Community with a Bachelor’s in Human Services Degree from Liberty University
Are you passionate about helping people work through life’s challenges? Do you want to become equipped for entry-level positions in the helping professions? If so, Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Human Services can help! Our online human services degree program offers a blend of psychology, social work, and human services courses to help you effectively serve individuals and communities — both in the United States and around the world.
At Liberty, you can train to become a skilled, ethical human services professional who is capable of pursuing a variety of career paths. Whether you’re interested in case management, mental health support, or community outreach, our online degree in human services is designed to help you serve others with integrity and compassion. We provide valuable opportunities for you to enhance your knowledge of human services and put your skills to the test in real-world settings.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Degree in Human Services?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, Liberty knows how to create online programs that blend flexibility, affordability, and high-quality academics. Our bachelor’s degree in human services is offered 100% online, so you’ll have the freedom to complete your coursework without having to visit a college campus. You can stay invested in the things that matter — like your family, job, and community — while taking the next step in your academic journey.
At Liberty, we believe in the inherent worth and value of every individual. That’s why our online degree in human services is designed to help you understand the ethical aspects of the social services industry. Throughout this program, you’ll study a holistic approach to human services that accounts for the biological, psychological, social, and spiritual aspects of human existence. You won’t just earn a degree — you’ll learn how to foster lasting change in your community.
As a human services major, you’ll have access to cutting-edge course content as well as the opportunity to complete at least 1 internship in a human services setting. You’ll also study under faculty who have advanced degrees and years of experience in the social services field. With their guidance, you can strengthen your skill set and explore practical methods for meeting your clients’ needs.
Additionally, our bachelor’s in human services can provide a solid foundation for pursuing graduate studies in human services, counseling, psychology, or social work. Some of the degrees you could move onto include our master’s in human services counseling, licensure-track master’s degree in clinical mental health counseling, or Master of Social Work.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services Online?
Our online human services degree program seeks to foster social responsibility, regard for individual value, and sensitivity to the needs of others. This program offers a blend of quality course content and hands-on experience, so you can start making a difference in your community even before you graduate!
Throughout this degree program, you’ll learn about real-world application in the field of human services through courses in case management, multicultural counseling, abnormal psychology, and crisis intervention. You’ll also study group dynamics and the relationship between psychology and Christianity. The broad mix of human services, psychology, and social work classes offered in this degree can help ensure that you graduate career-ready.
As a human services worker, it’s vital that you know how to live out ethical principles while serving the people in your community. That’s why we offer a course on ethics in professional helping. You can also learn about chemical dependency, social welfare and policy, and the health of the social worker. The internship provides a valuable opportunity for you to gain marketable skills and experience, and the elective courses allow you to study the topics you’re most passionate about.
- HSER 201 – Survey of Human Services*
- HSER 270 – Ethics in Professional Helping*
- HSER 415 – Case Management Practice*
- PSYC 317 – Crisis Intervention
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Online Human Services Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your bachelor’s in human services online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- You can complete this major in human services in just 3.5 years!
- As an online student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch library portal.
Bachelor’s in Human Services Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Human Services Major
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services Job Opportunities
Our bachelor’s in human services degree online can help equip you for an exciting career that allows you to make a positive difference in the lives of those around you. Some of the roles you could pursue include:
- Case manager
- Child services worker
- Community outreach worker
- Family support specialist
- Group home worker
- Mental health technician
- Program coordinator
- Social service specialist
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Human Services Degree Online
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.