Support Veterans and Military Families by Earning Liberty University’s Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience
Liberty University’s Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience is designed to provide you with the essential training needed to assist service members, veterans, and their families who may need healing from the physical and mental wounds that often accompany military service. Military resiliency training is offered through our Institute for Military Resilience (IMR), with relevant, faith-based curriculum and resources. The institute exists to support family health by offering resources for the entire family.
Potential Career Options with a Certificate in Military Resilience
Our Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited certificate:
- Grief services counselor
- Outreach coordinator
The counseling skills that you gain from our certificate in military resilience can be used to help you assist soldiers and military families who need counseling or resources to overcome the trauma and hardships experienced by service members. Additionally, the credits earned in this degree may be applied to our other degree programs in military resilience. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a military resilience certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors, 2020 (viewed online June 16, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Military Resilience Certificate Online Program?
Liberty’s online military resilience undergraduate certificate is designed to introduce you to the needs and issues facing service members and veterans as they integrate back into their families, their communities, or civilian careers. Through courses in crisis response and trauma therapy, you will develop an understanding of the challenges that military families face and how you can help individuals return to a healthy functioning lifestyle.
You can learn from professors with military experience through a faith-based program that is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus.
What Will You Learn in the Military Resilience Certificate Program?
The military resilience certificate program provides the necessary skills and knowledge you need to make a difference in the lives of those who serve our country, as well as their families. You can learn how to handle delicate situations involving mental and behavioral health as well as marriage and family situations. Basic techniques and methods you can use when assisting in the transitional phase from the military into the home and community will be covered.
Through coursework rooted in a Christian perspective, you can learn how to synthesize resiliency theory and intervention techniques within the military population. Each course allows for maximum growth and understanding in the field of psychology as you grow spiritually through the biblical integration of behavioral health, promoting science, practice, and faith.
- CRIS 302 – Foundational Principles of Crisis Response
- CRIS 304 – PTSD and Combat-Related Trauma
- MILT 275 – The Resilient Warrior
- MILT 325 – Resilient Marriage and Family
- MILT 375 – Military Career and Community Transition
- MILT 475 – Military Mental and Behavioral Health
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online military resilience certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University’s Institute for Military Resilience (IMR) provides a wide variety of support, resources, and tools for you to use as you learn the crisis counseling and trauma therapy skills needed to assist service members, veterans, and military families.
- You can complete the undergraduate military resilience certificate online in as little as 2 semesters.
- You may apply many credits earned in the online military resilience certificate toward an associate or bachelor’s degree.
Online Certificate in Military Resilience Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
Admission Requirements for Our Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.