Support Veterans and Military Families by Earning Liberty University’s Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience
Liberty University’s Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience is designed to provide you with the essential training needed to assist service members, veterans, and their families who may need healing from the physical and mental wounds that often accompany military service. Military resiliency training is offered through our Institute for Military Resilience (IMR), with relevant, faith-based curriculum and resources. The institute exists to support family health by offering resources for the entire family.
Why Choose Liberty’s Military Resilience Certificate Online Program?
Liberty’s online military resilience undergraduate certificate is designed to introduce you to the needs and issues facing service members and veterans as they integrate back into their families, their communities, or civilian careers. Through courses in crisis response and trauma therapy, you will develop an understanding of the challenges that military families face and how you can help individuals return to a healthy functioning lifestyle.
You will learn from professors with military experience through a faith-based program that is offered completely online, allowing you to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take courses on campus.
What Will You Learn in the Military Resilience Certificate Program?
The military resilience certificate program provides the necessary skills and knowledge you need to make a difference in the lives of those who serve our country, as well as their families. You will learn how to handle delicate situations involving mental and behavioral health as well as marriage and family situations. Basic techniques and methods you can use when assisting in the transitional phase from the military into the home and community will be covered.
Through coursework rooted in a Christian perspective, you will learn how to synthesize resiliency theory and intervention techniques within the military population. Each course allows for maximum growth and understanding in the field of psychology as you grow spiritually through the biblical integration of behavioral health, promoting science, practice, and faith.
- MILT 275 – The Resilient Warrior
- MILT 325 – Resilient Marriage & Family
- MILT 375 – Military Career & Community Transition
- MILT 475 – Military Mental & Behavioral Health
- CRIS 302 – Foundational Principles of Crisis Response
- CRIS 304 – PTSD & Combat-Related Trauma
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online military resilience certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University’s Institute for Military Resilience (IMR) provides a wide variety of support, resources, and tools for you to use as you learn the crisis counseling and trauma therapy skills needed to assist service members, veterans, and military families.
- You can complete the undergraduate military resilience certificate online in as little as 2 semesters.
- You may apply many credits earned in the online military resilience certificate toward an associate or bachelor’s degree.
Online Certificate in Military Resilience Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for this program.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for Our Undergraduate Certificate in Military Resilience
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.