Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Music for Your Online Degree?
Liberty University’s mission, and one that the School of Music works hard to support, is to train and equip students to be Champions for Christ. You can pursue a degree in music, worship studies, or ethnomusicology 100% online, which means you can pursue college-level training from the comfort of your home. With optional intensive courses on our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, VA, you can meet peers and professors while learning methods of worship.
With Liberty’s School of Music, you can learn the skills you need to lead and foster a heart of worship in your church, become a professional musician, explore producing and working with artists, or work towards teaching music education in educational settings. Throughout your educational journey, you will gain real-world insights from music ministry professionals, worship leaders, professional musicians, and music industry experts.
The flexibility, affordability, and quality of our degree program are made better by the fact that all of our online graduate degrees have been accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). If you are looking for master’s level music and worship training to grow your ministry, we have the degree program to meet your needs!
Available Degree Programs
- Commercial Music – Music Technology (Coming Soon!)
- Worship Studies (B.S.)
Bring God’s Word to Life through Music and Worship
Are you interested to know how you can use a music or worship degree to make a difference in your career and the lives of those you work with? Here’s an example of some of the roles you could pursue after graduating with a degree from the School of Music.
- Become a church worship director, music director, or worship pastor with an online degree in Worship Studies or Music and Worship.
- Work as a worship leader with an online degree in Ethnomusicology.
- Become a music education consultant with an online degree in Music Education.
You can apply online today or contact an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595!
What are the Benefits of Earning an Online Degree from Liberty?
- Earning your degree or certificate from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility sets you apart from others.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times!
- All master’s degree programs have been accredited by NASM (National Association of Schools of Music).
- Ranked in the Top 5 of Best Online Master’s in Music programs for 2018 according to BestColleges.com.
- One of the largest music schools in the nation!
- Liberty University’s School of Music holds institutional accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits
Undergraduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
Graduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – $275 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)