Why Choose the School of Music at Liberty University for Your Online Degree?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, Liberty is committed to offering top-notch programs that prepare students for the real world. Our 100% online music degrees can help equip you to produce, perform, and teach music anywhere in the industry. Maybe you want to work in a recording studio, become a music director, or lead worship in your church. Liberty’s programs can help you do all those things — and more!
Many of our music degrees online are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). You can be confident that your degree from Liberty will be a valuable, industry-recognized credential.
While studying music at our online School of Music, you’ll have the opportunity to complete internships and perform with ensembles in your area. That way, you’ll gain real-world experience that can help boost your marketability.
If you enjoy learning in a face-to-face environment, consider attending one of our residential intensives! While not required, these optional intensives provide a valuable opportunity for you to visit our beautiful campus in Lynchburg, Virginia. You can connect in-person with your peers and professors while enriching your college experience through hands-on instruction.
Study music at Liberty today and turn your passion into a rewarding career!
Liberty University’s Music Degrees and Certificates
If you’re wondering what degrees you can get in music, check out our programs listed below! We offer several degrees from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level. So whether you’re just entering the workforce or looking to further your career, we have a program that will fit your needs.
From worship leader training to ethnic music studies, Liberty offers a wide range of degrees that will help you thrive in the music industry!
Please note: Our M.A. in Worship Studies and Doctor of Worship Studies degrees are non-music programs. These degrees will help you apply worship theory to modern church settings.
Make Your Dreams a Reality with One of Liberty’s Online Music School Programs
At Liberty, you’ll be equipped to use your music degree in service to God and others. We’re excited to partner with you as you seek to make a difference in your community.
Here are just some of the roles you could pursue after completing one of Liberty University’s music programs:
- Become a worship pastor with an online master’s degree in music and worship.
- Work as a music producer or sound engineer with a bachelor’s in commercial music.
- Serve as a worship leader or missionary in a foreign country with a master’s degree in ethnomusicology.
- Become a church music director with a bachelor’s in worship studies.
- Serve as a worship theologian, worship coach, or university professor with a master’s degree in worship studies or a Doctor of Worship Studies.
- Become a music education practitioner with an online master’s in music education. Or earn the highest degree in your field with Liberty University’s Doctor of Music Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why pursue a degree in music?
Maybe you’ve been singing or playing an instrument for years — but earning a college degree is a great way to hone your skills, expand your career options, and increase your earning potential.
And, by completing one of our music programs, you could pursue work as a music director or educator — jobs that are often only available to college graduates. Earning a music degree is also a great way to expand your professional network and connect with others in the industry.
The best part? At Liberty, you’ll get to study under professional musicians and worship leaders! By learning directly from music masters and experts, you can gain new skills and insider tips that will help launch your career in the music business.
Are online music degrees credible?
Yes! As long as you attend an accredited online music university, you can be confident that your degree will be respected in the professional workplace.
Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, several of our online music degree programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). We offer valuable degrees that will help set you apart from the competition.
What is ethnomusicology?
Perhaps our most unique music degree is the M.A. in Ethnomusicology. This program explores non-Western music theory and music from other countries, ranging from Latin America and Eastern Europe to India and China. By earning this degree, you can more effectively carry out cross-cultural communication, ministry, and research.
Benefits of Earning a Degree in Music Online Through Liberty’s School of Music
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your music degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Our online music school programs are available in an 8-week course format, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times!
- Liberty University’s online degrees are regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Military Benefits for Liberty University’s School of Music
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Learn more about meeting requirements for licensure or certification in your state.