Air Force Tuition Assistance
Below is a snapshot of what Air Force Tuition Assistance will cover.
To determine your eligibility for this benefit, you may review the information on the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) portal, or contact your Education Office directly.
- May cover up to $250 per credit hour
- Fiscal year cap of $4,500
- Maximum of 18 credit hours may be covered per fiscal year
- Airmen are limited to 124 credit hours to complete one undergraduate program and 42 credit hours to complete one graduate program (Some restrictions may apply)
Things You Need to Know
If you have not used Air Force Tuition Assistance before, your first step is to contact your Education Office on base for assistance with getting started. You will need to make sure your Air Force TA account is updated with the degree you will be pursuing at Liberty University. You can visit the Air Force Virtual Education Center to get started.
We’ve outlined a few items below we want you to be aware of as you utilize your Tuition Assistance at Liberty University:
The Air Force requires you to request TA 7-45 days prior to the start date of the course. See the TA Request Timeframes chart for more information.
Liberty University loads all available courses into the Air Force Virtual Education Center. If you cannot find a course in the portal, please email LUOMilitary@liberty.edu to let us know.
Your TA authorization form must have all the correct course information to be accepted, including the course dates associated with your term of enrollment. It must also bear your electronic signature.
Once your TA has been approved by the Air Force, you must submit the signed authorization form to us by fax: (434) 455-1287 or email: LUOMilitary@liberty.edu. Please be sure you submit this form by the TA Form deadline associated with your term of enrollment. The last four digits of your social security number will be visible on your TA form. You may black out this information and replace it with your Liberty ID before you fax or email your form to us.
- Liberty University automatically submits grades to the Air Force for TA courses within 30 days of the term end date. However, it is your responsibility to make sure the Air Force receives your grade information. Please let us know if you have any concerns about your grades being submitted on time.