MyCAA Tuition Assistance
Below is a snapshot of what My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Tuition Assistance will cover for eligible military spouses. Please review the MyCAA Fact Sheet we have received from MyCAA. To determine your eligibility, contact a MyCAA Counselor directly at (800) 342-9647.
Please note: DoD websites often have security certificates that are not automatically recognized by browsers on civilian computers. The links provided below may prompt you to check that the certificate is one you trust before proceeding to the website. Learn more here.
- Spouses of Active Duty or activated National Guard/Reserve members (pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2) may qualify.
- Must be seeking an associate degree, certificate, or licensure to qualify
- May pay $2,000 per year, up to $4,000 total
- MyCAA does not cover any fees (ex: class fees, books, etc.).
What You Need to Know
If you have not used MyCAA Tuition Assistance before, your first step is to contact a MyCAA Counselor at (800) 342-9647 for assistance with getting started. You will need to make sure your MyCAA account is up-to-date, and that you are aware of all the requirements and regulations for you to use MyCAA funding. We’ve outlined a few items below we want you to be aware of as you utilize your Tuition Assistance at Liberty University:
- MyCAA requests must be submitted and approved by MyCAA between 1 and 60 days prior to the start date of the course. Funding requests cannot be approved outside of this window of time. See the TA Request Timeframe chart for more information.
- You will manually enter the course information on your funding request. Make sure you have all the correct information before you submit your request. The information needed includes:
- The course subject code and number (ex: ENGL 100)
- The course title (ex: Basic Composition)
- The course dates (ex: Spring B term, 1/22/18 – 3/16/18)
- The cost per course (ex: undergraduate cost is $250 per credit hour)
- MyCAA requires all students to submit an Education and Training Plan prior to MyCAA funding courses. Please email LUOMilitary@liberty.edu to request a personalized Education and Training Plan. Please be advised that you must be accepted and enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program before an education and training plan can be created. Please review our webpage to learn more about the MyCAA Education Training Plan.
- The GI Bill® (all chapters including Ch. 33 and 35), most outside scholarships, and MyCAA funding are not refundable to the student and therefore may need to be adjusted based on the students’ eligibility. If you are planning on using a combination of these benefits within the same semester, please email LUOMilitary@liberty.edu to verify if these types of aid can be combined.
- We will automatically submit your grades to MyCAA within 30 days of the course end date. However, it is your responsibility to make sure that MyCAA receives this information. Please let us know if you have any concerns about your grades being submitted on time.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.