Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Nursing?
If you want to help people heal and live healthier lives, then nursing is the field for you! The need for registered nurses is expected to grow by 15% over the next ten years.* This growth is higher than many other occupations. Liberty University prepares practicing nurses to meet this need by teaching advanced skills with Christian principles.
Our nursing programs are designed to not only help registered nurses to advance their careers but to be a Champion for Christ in their field. Liberty strives to produce well-rounded nurses who represent the best of Christian service in their calling to help people. Become a part of Liberty’s mission today!
With Liberty University, being a busy professional doesn’t mean you have to give up furthering your career. Our RN to BSN program is 100% online, allowing you to devote time to your family, career, and community while you earn your degree. If you already have a bachelor’s degree, we offer graduate and doctoral programs that will give you a flexible and affordable way to further your career with advanced skills and training. We have the resources, flexibility, and academic quality to give you the training you need!
Receive Undergraduate Nursing Credit for RN Licensure
With an RN license, you will receive a minimum of 39 hours of undergraduate transfer credit with no challenge tests so that you can finish your degree faster! You can also take advantage of our reduced tuition rate of $330 per credit hour for both part and full-time, making your education more affordable!
School of Nursing Programs
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
If you already have your RN and want to turn your training and experience into a full bachelor’s degree with a 100% online track, Liberty offers an automatic minimum of 39 hours of transfer credit for your current nursing licensure with no challenge exams!
- Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) track will give you the training you need.
- For students planning to pursue international nursing practice, Liberty also offers a specialized track in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) – Global Studies.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
If you are a registered nurse who already has a bachelor’s degree and is looking for advanced nursing skills for your career, consider getting your MSN degree. Liberty’s 100% online Master of Science in Nursing will give you the specialized training you need to be a nurse educator for nursing administration or for nursing informatics.
*1-year accelerated tracks are available for the nurse educator, nursing administration, and nursing informatics areas of study.
RN to BSN to MSN Accelerated Program
Liberty’s School of Nursing offers an accelerated track for students who already have an RN to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Master of Science in Nursing in less time!
You will receive 39 hours of undergraduate transfer credit for your RN licensure. See how Liberty can help you get advanced training in community health, health policy, nursing education, nursing administration, and nursing informatics with the 100% online RN to BSN to MSN Accelerated Program.
*2-year accelerated tracks are available for the nurse educator, nursing administration, and nursing informatics areas of study.
Dual Degree Programs
If you need advanced skills in nursing, but also need healthcare administration or business training for your career, Liberty’s School of Nursing offers dual degree programs that will help you earn a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and either a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA) at the same time!
See the dual degree programs below for more information.
These 100% online postgraduate certificates are designed to provide you with a standalone credential in your field or the first 21 credits towards your DNP or Ph.D. in Nursing. Gain the training you need to advance in your career while preparing for a doctorate.
Executive Certificate in Clinical Leadership – all credits can transfer into Liberty’s DNP program
Executive Certificate in Nursing Educational Leadership – all credits can transfer into Liberty’s Ph.D. in Nursing: Nursing Education program
If you already have advanced nurse training through a Master of Science in Nursing and want to gain additional skills in mental health care before pursuing a full doctoral program, Liberty’s School of Nursing offers a 100% online Post-Graduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to equip you for holistic mental health treatment.
Liberty’s online School of Nursing provides many doctoral tracks for nursing professionals who want to conduct research and treatment at the highest levels of academic and practical excellence. If you already have advanced training and experience as an active nurse, see the individual program pages below for more information:
What’s Special about the School of Nursing?
- Liberty’s RN-BSN, RN-BSN – Global Studies, and the RN-BSN-MSN program tracks have a reduced tuition rate of $330 per credit hour for part or full-time.
- Programs have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Liberty University’s School of Nursing is a proud member Psi Delta Chapter of the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
- You have the opportunity to pursue dual nursing degrees at the master’s level. Speak with an admissions counselor for more information!
- Our online nursing degree programs are approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.
What are the Benefits of an Online Degree from Liberty University?
Our online degree programs offer students great benefits:
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- With an RN license, you will receive a minimum of 39 hours of undergraduate transfer credit with no challenge tests so that you can finish your degree faster!
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log-in times!
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Undergraduate Military Benefits
Graduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
Doctoral Military Benefits
- Executive Certificate tuition discount – $300 per credit hour
- Pursuing one of our doctoral programs? Find out how you can earn a doctorate for only $300 per credit hour!
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Learn more about meeting requirements for licensure or certification in your state.