Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Nursing?
If you want to help people heal and live healthier lives, then nursing is the field for you! The need for registered nurses is expected to grow by 15% over the next ten years.* This growth is higher than many other occupations. Liberty University prepares practicing nurses to meet this need by teaching advanced skills with Christian principles. Our nursing programs are designed to not only help registered nurses to grow in their careers, but to be a Champion for Christ in their field. Liberty strives to produce well-rounded nurses who represent the best of Christian service in their calling to help people. Become a part of Liberty’s mission today!
With Liberty University, being a busy professional doesn’t mean you have to give up furthering your career. Our RN to BSN program is 100% online, allowing you to work and devote time to your family, church, and community while you earn your degree. If you already have a bachelor’s degree, Liberty offers graduate and doctoral programs that will give you a flexible and affordable way to further your career with advanced skills and training. Liberty has the resources, the flexibility, and the academic quality to give you the training you need!
Receive Undergraduate Nursing Credit for RN Licensure
With an RN license, you will receive a minimum of 39 hours of undergraduate transfer credit with no challenge tests so that you can finish your degree faster! You can also take advantage of our reduced tuition rate of $330 per credit hour for both part and full-time, making your education more affordable!
What are the Benefits of an Online Degree from Liberty University?
Our online degree programs offer students great benefits:
- Earning your degree or certificate from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility sets you apart from others.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- With an RN license, you will receive a minimum of 39 hours of undergraduate transfer credit with no challenge tests so that you can finish your degree faster!
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log-in times!
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Undergraduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year and no set login times.
- Potential college credit for military training.
Graduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
What’s Special about the School of Nursing?
- Liberty’s RN-BSN, RN-BSN – Global Studies, and the RN-BSN-MSN program tracks have a reduced tuition rate of $330 per credit hour for part or full-time.
- Programs have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Liberty University School of Nursing is a proud member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. Our chapter is Psi Delta. For additional information, please visit our dedicated Psi Delta Chapter page on STTI’s website.
- You have the opportunity to pursue dual nursing degrees at the master’s level. Speak with an Admissions Counselor for more information!
- Our Online Nursing programs are approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.
Liberty University’s School of Nursing offers many online programs for different levels of education and different career paths! See the options below and visit the individual program pages for more information.
View the School of Nursing’s degree level pages or specific programs below.
- School of Nursing Bachelor’s Degrees
- School of Nursing Master’s Degrees
- School of Nursing Postgraduate / Doctoral Degrees
School of Nursing Programs
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
If you already have your RN and want to turn your training and experience into a full bachelor’s degree with a 100% online track, Liberty offers an automatic minimum of 39 hours of transfer credit for your current nursing licensure with no challenge exams!
- Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) track will give you the training you need.
- For students planning to pursue international nursing practice, Liberty also offers a specialized track in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) – Global Studies.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
If you are a registered nurse who already has a bachelor’s degree and are looking for advanced nursing skills for your career, Liberty’s 100% online Master of Science in Nursing will give you the specialized training you need for to be a nurse educator, for nursing administration, or for nursing informatics.
*1-year accelerated tracks are available for the Nurse Educator, Nursing Administration, and Nursing Informatics areas of study.
RN to BSN to MSN Accelerated Program
Liberty’s School of Nursing offers an accelerated track for students who already have an RN to complete a Bachelors of Science in Nursing and a Master of Science in Nursing in less time! You will receive 39 hours of undergraduate transfer credit for your RN licensure. See how Liberty can help you get advanced training in Nursing Education, Nursing Administration, and Nursing Informatics with the 100% online RN to BSN to MSN Accelerated Program.
*2-year accelerated tracks are available for the Nurse Educator, Nursing Administration, and Nursing Informatics areas of study.
Dual Degree Programs
If you need advanced skills in nursing, but also need healthcare administration or business training for your career, Liberty’s School of Nursing offers dual degree programs that will help you earn a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and either a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA) at the same time! See the Dual Degree programs below for more information.
If you already have advanced nurse training through a Master of Science in Nursing and want to gain additional skills in mental health care before pursuing a full doctoral program, Liberty’s School of Nursing offers a 100% online Post-Graduate Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner to equip you for holistic mental health treatment.
Liberty’s online School of Nursing provides many Doctoral tracks for nursing professionals who want to conduct research and treatment at the highest levels of academic and practical excellence. If you already have advanced training and experience as an active nurse, see the individual program pages below for more information: