Navy Tuition Assistance
Below is a snapshot of what Navy Tuition Assistance will cover. To determine your eligibility for this benefit, you may review the information on the U.S. Navy College website, or contact your Education Office directly.
- Must be on Active Duty or “Activated Reserve” status
- May cover up to $250 per credit hour
- Fiscal year cap of $4,500, or 18 credit hours (effective Oct. 1, 2021)
- Must have 3 years minimum service to be eligible (effective Oct. 1, 2021)
What You Need to Know
If you have not used Navy Tuition Assistance (TA) before, your first step is to contact your Education Office for assistance with getting started. You will need to make sure your TA account through the Navy College is updated with the degree you will be pursuing at Liberty University and you are aware of all of the Navy’s requirements and regulations for using military TA.
We’ve outlined a few items below we want you to be aware of as you utilize your Tuition Assistance at Liberty University.
The Navy requires you to request TA and receive approval within 120 and 14 days prior to the start date of the course. Funding requests cannot be approved on or after the course start date. See the TA Request Timeframes chart for more information.
- You will manually enter the course information on your TA request. Make sure you have all the correct information before you submit your request. The information needed includes
- The course subject code and number (ex: ENGL 100)
- The course title (ex: Basic Composition)
- The course dates (see academic calendar for more information)
- The number of credit hours (semester hours)
- Your TA authorization must be signed by you and your Education Office in order for us to process the form.
Once your TA has been approved by the Navy, you must submit the signed authorization form to us by fax: (434) 455-1287 or email: LUOMilitary@liberty.edu. Please be sure you submit this form by the TA Form deadline associated with your term of enrollment.
- The last four digits of your social security number may be visible on your TA form. You may black out this information and replace it with your Liberty ID before you fax or email your form to us.
We will automatically submit your grades to the Navy College for TA courses within 30 days of the course end date. However, it is your responsibility to make sure the Navy receives this information. Please let us know if you have any concerns about your grades being submitted on time.