Develop Your Passions with A Minor from the College of Arts and Sciences
A minor is a way to enrich your knowledge in a particular area of personal or career interest. Your major will be the main focus of your degree, but this secondary area of study can expand your career options by adding another field of study to your diploma.
The great thing about our minors is that each of the courses is offered 100% online. You will have the flexibility to continue being active in your career, family, church, and community while studying in the comfort of your home or office.
Cultivate New Skills to Enhance Your Career Options with College of Arts and Sciences Minor
Your minor does not have to be related to your degree, but it does help to reduce the number of credits you might have to take to graduate. Some minors pair well with any degree, like business or writing, while others are better suited for a specific area of study. Here are some suggested pairings for the online minors offered through Liberty University’s College of Arts and Sciences.
- Creative Writing – Pairs well with any of our online degree programs
- Ethics – Pairs well with our B.S. in Government or the B.S. in Political Science
- Geography – Pairs well with any of our online degree programs
- History – Pairs well with our B.S. in Religion, B.S. in Psychology, or a B.S. in Social Work
- International Studies – Pairs well with our B.S. in Business Administration online degree program
- Military History – Pairs well with our B.S. in Criminal Justice
- Physics – Pairs well with our B.S. in Civil Engineering or the B.S. in Computational Mathematics
- Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) – Pairs well with the B.S. in English and Writing or the B.S. in Religion
- Writing – Pairs well with our B.S. in Early Childhood Education, B.S. in Criminal Justice, and B.S. in Business Administration – Strategic Marketing Management
These are just suggestions — you have the chance to study whatever minor you choose. If you have any questions about which minor might be right for you, speak with an advisor by calling (800) 424-9595.
How Many Online Minors Can You Take?
Minors can only be added to bachelor’s degrees and may be used to fill in general electives in your degree plan. You can pursue up to five minors, but more than one minor will add to the overall length of your degree plan beyond the normal 120-credit-hour format. Speak with your academic advisor about adding a minor once you begin your online bachelor’s degree.
What Are the Benefits of an Online Minor from Liberty University?
Our online degree programs offer students great benefits, including:
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online arts and sciences minor from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log-in times.
Program Format for Online Minors
- 15-18 credit hours
- 25% of minors must be completed through Liberty University courses unless otherwise specified*
- Only available to add to an online bachelor’s degree
- You must be currently enrolled in your bachelor’s degree to declare a minor
- More than one minor can be pursued but may add to overall program length
*Military students are required to complete at least one course in their minor at Liberty.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits to undergraduate students with military affiliation:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log-in times
- Potential college credit for military training