Learn How to Think Critically in Tough Situations with an Online Minor in Ethics
Liberty’s Minor in Ethics online will equip you with the essential tools needed to address the questions of good and evil from a foundation of truth in the Christian worldview. The professors in our ethics classes take issues that appear intimidating and equip you with essential decision-making techniques to help you confidently tackle those issues whenever they are presented to you.
Our online ethics classes will prepare you for public service, where situations that require immediate and firm moral decisions are a normal part of the profession. Our Minor in Ethics can help you be confident in these situations as you strive to positively represent yourself and your beliefs.
Why Choose Liberty for Online Ethics Classes?
Our Minor in Ethics is an excellent addition to any degree program because you will learn to integrate your beliefs with your field of study. The Minor in Ethics is offered completely online, giving you the flexibility to remain active in your job, with your family, and in your community without the worry of having to take classes on campus.
What Will You Learn in Our Ethics Courses Online?
Liberty’s online ethics classes discuss topics such as social conflicts, assisted suicide, euthanasia, personal relationships, and abortion. You will have the unique opportunity to interact and discuss these topics with your professors and others in your classes through discussion board posts.
Our Minor in Ethics will allow you to choose between a class in legal ethics or criminal justice ethics. With this option, you will be able to personalize your degree to better supplement your area of study.
Minor in Ethics Online Course Requirements (18 hours)
- ETHC 101 — Introduction to Ethics
- ETHC 205 — Ethical Reflections on Human Life
- ETHC 210 — Science and Society
Choose 3 courses from the following:
- ACCT 340 – Accounting Ethics
- AMOA 256 – MEdical Office Ethics and Law
- BUSI 302 – Legal and Ethical Issues in Healthcare
- BUSI 472 – Organizational Ethics
- CJUS 324 – Legan and Ethical Issues in Juvenile Justice
- CJUS 350 – Criminal Justice Ethics
- OVT 323 – Critical and Historical Development of Public Ethics
- GOVT 324 – Applied Ethics in Public Policy
- GOVT 325 – Legal Ethics
- PHIL 380 – Biomedical Ethics
- PLST 206 – Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- SOWK 270 – Ethics in Professional Helping