Why Should You Seek Admission to a Helms School of Government Doctoral Degree?
The Helms School of Government offers the following 100% online doctoral program tracks:
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Criminal Justice
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Policy
- Doctor of Public Administration (DPA)
- Executive Certificate in Public Administration
These programs are designed to equip you with a terminal degree or certificate as well as advanced studies and training for senior leadership and management in the specialized fields of criminal justice, administration, or public policy.
How Do I Complete the Admission Requirements for the Helms School of Government’s Doctoral Degrees?
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to apply to a degree program with an Admissions Counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system). Admission requires a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing. Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for admission on caution.
- Applicants whose native language is not English must complete an approved English proficiency test or meet the requirements for a waiver. Please see the Online Graduate English Proficiency Requirements page for more information.
Please note: The Office of Graduate Admissions may request additional documentation when conducting admission reviews to evaluate a candidate’s record before a final admission decision can be made.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Complete a master’s self-certification form confirming your completion date. The form can be downloaded from our Forms and Downloads page or you can contact an Admissions Counselor who can submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcript must show that you are within 6 credit hours of completion for a 30-48 credit hour master’s degree or within 9 credit hours of completion for a 49+ credit hour master’s degree.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date listed by the end of your first semester of enrollment in the new doctoral degree.
Call: (800) 424-9596
Fax: (888) 301-3577
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515