Improve International Relations With Liberty’s Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Policy – Foreign Policy
As business and politics continue to expand globally, our country needs experts in international policy to create new opportunities for peace and prosperity through effective, sound legislation. Whether your goal is to create positive change at a local or a global scale, Liberty’s online Ph.D. in Public Policy – Foreign Policy degree will provide you with the training and advanced studies you need.
By earning your Ph.D. in Public Policy degree online through Liberty University, you will not only gain an advanced understanding of policy assessment and decision-making, but you will also be equipped to navigate the complex relationship between foreign and domestic organizations through the lens of biblical principles. Public policy influences how our country functions — from its economic structure to its criminal justice system — and a focus on foreign policy will help you have a positive impact both on international relations and on the policymakers of the future.
Our PhD in counseling online degree is taught by professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. The PhD in Counseling program curriculum builds on your knowledge and expertise to grow critical thinking, leadership, and clinical skills. Whether you are seeking to expand in your current role or explore other areas within the counseling field, our PhD in Counseling online program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ph.D. Degree in Public Policy?
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from over 30 years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you, and we look forward to working with you to accomplish your personal and career goals. Each course within our public policy doctoral program is taught from a Christian worldview, which means our focus on ethics and moral decision-making as they relate to public policy development sets us apart from other online universities.
What Will You Learn in our Ph.D. in Foreign Public Policy Degree?
Our online doctoral degree in foreign policy will provide you with advanced courses in policy and government functions along with opportunities to conduct in-depth, original research while you prepare for your dissertation. By combining a sound education in public policy with training in foreign relations, you can become a well-rounded expert who is able to analyze problems and develop practical solutions for international challenges.
Ph.D. in Public Policy Featured Courses
- PLCY 700 – Foundations of Statesmanship and Public Policy
- PLCY 801 – Foreign Policy, Globalization, and Statesmanship
- PLCY 805 – Policy Analysis and Statesmanship
- PLCY 860 – Introduction to Foreign Policy
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University‘s Online Ph.D. in Public Policy – Foreign Policy
- By earning your Ph.D. in Public Policy from an accredited, nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well respected within your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Ph.D. in Public Policy, with a specialization in Foreign Policy, in as little as 3 years.
Potential Career Opportunities with a Ph.D. in Public Policy
- Senior Public Policy Analyst
- Professor of Political Science
- International Policy Researcher
- Government Leadership
Ph.D. in Public Policy Degree Online Program Information
- 100% Online
- 60 total hours
- Up to 15 credit hours can be transferred in from an accredited and non-conferred degree.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View related Course Guides in our Helms School of Government (login required).
Admission Requirements for Ph.D. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.