Help Create Positive Cultural Change with Liberty’s Ph.D. in Public Policy – Social Policy
Do you have a passion for helping your community work through complex cultural issues to create positive social change? With Liberty University’s Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Policy – Social Policy, you can master the skills you need to help shape social policy at the local, state, and national levels, all from a Christian worldview.
Help communities break out of cycles of negativity with smart, practical policies that increase opportunities, help improve lives, and are based on biblical values. Whether you want to develop social policy research or help raise up a new generation of social policy professionals grounded in Christian ethics, Liberty’s online Ph.D. in Public Policy will give you the training you need.
Our PhD in counseling online degree is taught by professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. The PhD in Counseling program curriculum builds on your knowledge and expertise to grow critical thinking, leadership, and clinical skills. Whether you are seeking to expand in your current role or explore other areas within the counseling field, our PhD in Counseling online program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ph.D. in Public Policy – Social Policy?
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from over 30 years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you, and we look forward to working with you to accomplish your personal and career goals. Each course within our Public Policy doctoral program is taught from a Christian worldview, which means our focus on ethics and moral decision-making as they relate to public policy development sets us apart from other online universities.
With a Ph.D. in Public Policy and a specialization in social policy, you will be equipped to engage with the most challenging cultural issues of our time. The experience and advanced study you gain through this program will give you insights into the legislative impact and policy effectiveness biblical values can have when they are applied to policymaking, so you will have the tools you need to advocate for better, healthier communities.
What Will You Learn in our Doctoral Degree in Public Policy – Social Policy?
Through the online Ph.D. in Public Policy, you will study a balance of policy and government that will equip you to succeed as a senior leader in public service. Healthcare, taxation, immigration, and international relations are all issues that affect communities across the country — and they can also be the underlying causes of many social concerns. The social policy specialization will prepare you to ethically address these issues as well as educate future public policy leaders, researchers, and scholars.
Our program is unique in that it includes biblical integration and application, presenting a biblical perspective on public policy and statesmanship.
Ph.D. in Public Policy Featured Courses
- PLCY 805 – Policy Analysis and Statesmanship
- PLCY 850 – Introduction to Social Policy
- PLCY 851 – Research Seminar in Social Policy
- PLCY 852 – Research Prospectus in Social Policy
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University‘s Online Ph.D. in Public Policy – Social Policy
- By earning your Ph.D. in Public Policy from an accredited, nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well respected within your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in three straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Ph.D. in Public Policy, with a specialization in Social Policy, in as little as 3 years.
Potential Career Opportunities with a Ph.D. in Public Policy – Social Policy
- Director of Research, Public Policy Evaluation
- Social Scientist
- Senior Public Policy Analyst
- Professor of Political Science
- Social Research Scientist
- Public Interest/Advocacy Groups
Ph.D. in Public Policy Degree – Online Program Information
- 100% Online
- 60 total hours
- Up to 15 credit hours can be transferred in from an accredited and non-conferred degree.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Doctoral Course guides (login required).
Admission Requirements for Ph.D. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited Master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.