Earn a Ph.D. in Economic Policy So You Can Voice Ideas for Better Fiscal Policies
Do you want to serve the public interest and address today’s national and global economic challenges? Liberty’s Ph.D. in Public Policy – Economic Policy will provide you with the advanced knowledge and training you need to lead effectively, whether you’re working for the government, a nonprofit, consulting firm, or international organization. Our Ph.D. in Public Policy degree program will build upon your existing expertise in economic politics and hone your policymaking craft to help you lead the way to a better, more prosperous future for our country.
Whether you want to advance your policy research or help raise up a new generation of economists and finance policymakers, Liberty’s Ph.D. in Public Policy – Economic Policy will give you the education you need. With a Ph.D. in Public Policy, you can set yourself apart from your peers and develop the policy mastery you need to make a positive impact on our nation’s future.
Our PhD in counseling online degree is taught by professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. The PhD in Counseling program curriculum builds on your knowledge and expertise to grow critical thinking, leadership, and clinical skills. Whether you are seeking to expand in your current role or explore other areas within the counseling field, our PhD in Counseling online program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ph.D. Degree in Public Policy?
You can complete our Ph.D. in Public Policy degree 100% online, which means you can stay connected with your family, career, church, and community while you pursue your Ph.D. You will also benefit from instruction and mentorship grounded in Christian ethics from faculty members who are leaders and experienced policymakers. Liberty’s online Ph.D. in Public Policy – Economic Policy will allow you to pursue academic excellence without compromising your values or passions.
As a pioneer in distance education, Liberty University is committed to bringing you academic excellence without slowing you down. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you. We provide our students with a quality, affordable education in a convenient format. Choose a school that looks forward to working with you to accomplish your personal and career goals.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Doctoral Degree in Public Policy – Economics?
This online doctoral degree will train you to effectively shape economic policy in the areas of legislation, communications, politics, education, and international relations. You will complete an advanced study of policy and governmental functions while you pursue original research in an area of your choice.
By combining public policy with fiscal training for national and global contexts, you will gain a well-rounded understanding of the public policy field. Our degree is designed to help equip you to analyze problems and develop effective solutions.
Ph.D. in Public Policy Featured Courses
- PLCY 700 – Foundations of Statesmanship and Public Policy
- PLCY 801 – Foreign Policy, Globalization, and Statesmanship
- PLCY 805 – Policy Analysis and Statesmanship
- PLCY 870 – Introduction to Economic Policy
Highlights of Liberty University’s Online Ph.D. in Public Policy – Economic Policy
- By earning your Ph.D. in Public Policy from an accredited, nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well respected within your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Ph.D. in Public Policy – Economic Policy in as little as 3 years.
Potential Career Opportunities with a Ph.D. in Public Policy
- Economic policy researcher
- Government administrator
- Professor (higher education)
- Senior public policy analyst
Ph.D. in Public Policy Degree – Online Program Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Admission Requirements for Ph.D. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.