Help Protect America’s Future. Pursue a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in National Security Policy
Do you want to be an integral part of creating effective policies designed to keep our nation safe? Liberty University’s Ph.D. in Public Policy – National Security Policy will provide you with well-rounded training in the essential theories and practices of government and policy-making, while also giving you deep insight into national security challenges and their solutions.
Through our flexible and affordable online courses, you will study a wide range of national security issues —including operational strategy, lawmaking, policy implementation, and law enforcement — that will equip you to combat foreign and domestic threats to life and liberty.
Our PhD in counseling online degree is taught by professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. The PhD in Counseling program curriculum builds on your knowledge and expertise to grow critical thinking, leadership, and clinical skills. Whether you are seeking to expand in your current role or explore other areas within the counseling field, our PhD in Counseling online program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ph.D. Degree in Public Policy – National Security Policy?
With a Ph.D. in Public Policy specializing in national security, you will be equipped to engage the most challenging security issues of our time. The experience, advanced study, and applicable biblical values you will gain through this program will help you make a greater legislative impact on policymaking. With these tools, you can work with policymakers and implement laws that will increase the quality of life for the people in your jurisdiction.
At Liberty, you’ll benefit from over 30 years of learning, growing, adapting, and innovating for the distance learner and more than a decade of researching the needs of the online student. You can be confident that we’ve taken the time to learn what’s important to you, and we look forward to working with you to accomplish your personal and career goals. Each course within our public policy doctoral program is taught from a Christian worldview, which means our focus on ethics and moral decision-making as they relate to public policy development sets us apart from other online universities.
What Will You Learn in Our Doctoral Degree in Public Policy – National Security?
Our online doctoral degree in public policy – national security will train you to effectively shape national security policies in the areas of legislation, communications, politics, and international relations. This degree will provide you with advanced courses in policy and governmental functions along with opportunities to conduct in-depth, original research while you prepare your dissertation.
Our national security courses will provide you with an advanced study of infrastructure protection, resilient nations, intelligence analysis, counter-terrorism, and the policy opportunities and challenges our country faces both nationally and globally. Your Ph.D. in Public Policy will help you become an expert in analyzing problems and developing practical solutions for a variety of security challenges.
Ph.D. in Public Policy Featured Courses
- PLCY 700 – Foundations of Statesmanship and Public Policy
- PLCY 801 – Foreign Policy, Globalization, and Statesmanship
- PLCY 805 – Policy Analysis and Statesmanship
- PLCY 880 – Introduction to National Security Policy
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University‘s Online Ph.D. in Public Policy – National Security Policy
- By earning your Ph.D. in Public Policy from an accredited, nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well respected within your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Ph.D. in Public Policy, with a specialization in National Security Policy, in as little as 3 years.
Potential Career Opportunities with a Ph.D. in Public Policy – National Security Policy
- Senior Public Policy Analyst
- Professor (Higher Education)
- National Security Policy Researcher
- Government Employee
- Counterterrorism Analyst
- Intelligence Analyst
- Federal Agent
Ph.D. in Public Policy Degree Online Program Information
- 100% Online
- 60 total hours
- Up to 15 credit hours can be transferred in from an accredited and non-conferred degree.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View related Course Guides in our Helms School of Government (login required).
Admission Requirements for Ph.D. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.