Make Students’ Futures Brighter with a Ph.D. in Public Policy – Education Policy
Many school systems across the country suffer from challenges like mismanaged resources or misguided, stifling policies that make teaching more difficult and less effective. These schools, teachers, and students need education policy experts who have the vision and character to assess and overhaul harmful policies that hamper students’ success. With Liberty University’s Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Public Policy – Education Policy, you can gain the expertise you need to make a positive impact on local, state, and national education policy.
Whether you want to focus on furthering education policy research or help train the next generation of educators to revitalize school systems across the country, Liberty’s Ph.D. in Public Policy – Education Policy will give you the in-demand skills you need to pursue your goals.
Our PhD in counseling online degree is taught by professionals with real-world experience in clinical and leadership settings. The PhD in Counseling program curriculum builds on your knowledge and expertise to grow critical thinking, leadership, and clinical skills. Whether you are seeking to expand in your current role or explore other areas within the counseling field, our PhD in Counseling online program is designed to equip you with the knowledge and training you need.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ph.D. in Public Policy – Education Policy?
Liberty University has led the way in distance learning since 1985. As a result, we have spent the last 30 years growing, adapting, and innovating so our online students can receive the best in academics and resources. Being an online doctoral student at Liberty offers the comfort of at-home learning while still providing you with a support system of faculty and students committed to achieving academic excellence alongside you. You can be confident that we’ve taken time to learn what’s important to you. We look forward to working with you to accomplish your personal and career goals.
With a specialization in education policy, you can use your policymaking and legislative expertise to tackle the most challenging problems in K-12 or higher education. Liberty’s Ph.D. in Public Policy – Education Policy provides an in-depth, specialized examination of the best practices and theories in education that impact the effective administration of school and university systems. With guided research and training from experienced, Christian education professionals with real-world policy experience, you can prepare for an influential career while maintaining your biblical principles.
What Will You Learn in our Doctoral Degree in Public Policy –Education Policy?
Liberty’s Ph.D. in Public Policy – Education Policy will focus your research and training on the practical application of essential policy theories and practices. You will study historical and contemporary issues as well as key policy outcomes of theoretical approaches to those issues. As your studies progress, you will shape your dissertation to create original research that will advance education policy.
This program will also prepare you to motivate and instruct future public policy leaders, researchers, and scholars with a biblical perspective on public policy and statesmanship.
Ph.D. in Public Policy Featured Courses
- PLCY 805 – Policy Analysis and Statesmanship
- PLCY 840 – Introduction to Education Policy
- PLCY 841 – Research Seminar in Education Policy*
- PLCY 842 – Research Prospectus in Education Policy*
*Course guides are not available for these courses.
Benefits of Choosing Liberty University’s Ph.D. in Public Policy – Education Policy
- By earning your Ph.D. in Public Policy from an accredited, nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well respected within your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Ph.D. in Public Policy, with a specialization in Economic Policy, in as little as 3 years.
Potential Career Opportunities with a Ph.D. in Public Policy
- Director of Education Policy
- Academic Specialist
- Senior Public Policy Analyst
- Professor (Higher Education)
- Education Policy Researcher
- Public Interest/Advocacy Groups
Ph.D. in Public Policy Degree Online Program Information
- 100% Online
- 60 total hours
- Up to 15 credit hours can be transferred in from an accredited and non-conferred degree.
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View related Course Guides in our Helms School of Government (login required).
Admission Requirements for Ph.D. in Public Policy
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.