Jumpstart Your Teaching Career with an MAT in Elementary Education to EdS in School Curriculum and Instructional Planning
Do you have a desire to shape the future of our nation by inspiring the hearts and minds of students? Because childhood is an impressionable time, students need capable teachers who model good citizenship and inspire their pupils to become difference-makers. If that sounds like something you’re passionate about, then pursuing a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) – Elementary Education Curriculum to Education Specialist (EdS) in School Curriculum and Instructional Planning degree online at Liberty can help you take the next step in the world of education.
Whether you would like to switch careers or pursue positions of added responsibility, a dual degree program at Liberty can help you stand out from the competition.
As you prepare to take your education to the next level, you can be confident that Liberty’s education degree program has been designed with your – and your future students’ – success in mind.
Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved MAT to EdS program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Why Choose Liberty’s MAT to EdS Program?
At Liberty, we understand that you need a flexible, affordable online education program that challenges you to grow while allowing you to remain committed to your personal responsibilities. As you pursue Liberty’s MAT to EdS program, you can study and complete your degree requirements without having to travel to our campus. Additionally, your practicum and student teaching can be completed at approved locations near you. With this kind of flexibility, you can remain invested in your family, job, and community while earning your MAT to EdS from the comfort of home.
In addition to the flexibility that Liberty offers, our MAT to EdS program is of the highest academic caliber. Our professors have advanced degrees in related areas of study and years of experience in their fields, so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education. Additionally, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Liberty’s School of Education is also accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP). With recognition like this, you can confidently make an impact in the lives of your students.
What Will You Learn in Our Dual MAT Program to EdS Degree?
Throughout Liberty’s Master of Arts in Teaching to Education Specialist degree program, you will study a variety of topics. Some of the topics you will explore include literacy and language instruction, advanced tests and measurements, theories in curriculum design, and principles of behavior management. You will have the opportunity to blend theory and praxis as you apply what you have learned in an approved practicum and student teaching setting near you.
As you work through the courses in this degree, you can prepare to turn educational theory into practical, real-world experience. With the combined education of both our Master of Arts in Teaching – Elementary Education and our Education Specialist in School Curriculum and Instructional Planning, you can be better equipped to teach with distinction and purpose.
- EDLC 772 – Theory in Curricular Design
- EDST 704 – Advanced Educational Philosophy and Theories of Learning
- EDST 706 – Advanced Tests and Measurements
- EDST 786 – The Reflective Practitioner: Resource Seminar – Elementary
Course guides coming soon
Are Dual Degree Programs Worth It?
Yes – we believe a dual degree is worth it! At Liberty, you can earn your master’s degree as well as your postgraduate degree at the same time. With credentials like these, you can stand out from others who may only have a master’s degree. Designed to meet licensure requirements in the Commonwealth of Virginia,* your Master of Arts in Teaching can help you take your education career to the next level.
In addition, your Education Specialist degree can provide specialized knowledge in the field of education. As an education specialist, you may pursue curriculum design, standardized testing creation, or instructional planning. So, what are you waiting for? Dive into the world of education by pursuing Liberty’s dual degree program and take the next step in shaping the future.
*Upon successful completion of Liberty University’s Virginia state-approved MAT to EdS program, you may apply for your teaching license in another state through reciprocity, which may or may not result in additional requirements based on your state’s Department of Education regulations.
Degree Highlights for Our MAT to EdS Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online MAT to EdS degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- The School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- The online format of this degree allows you to network with educators from across the country.
Degree Information for Our Master of Arts in Teaching to Education Specialist Program
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- This program requires a background check.
- Complete at least 90 practicum hours and at least 1 full semester of student teaching prior to graduation.
- This program can help you achieve your initial teaching licensure.
- Upon completion of an eligible Graduate Education program, you may be eligible for certification through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Review the State-Specific Approval Disclosures.
Apply Now Request Information
Military Benefits for Our Online Graduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate and postgraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for MAT to EdS Graduates
Upon graduation from our dual degree program, you may be better equipped to pursue a variety of careers, including:
- College or university professor
- Curriculum specialist
- Director of student success
- Elementary school teacher
- Instructional supervisor
Admission Requirements for Our MAT to EdS Online Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.