Take Your First Step Toward a Career in Elementary Education with a Master of Arts in Teaching
Are you looking to have a career in the education field and become a licensed Elementary teacher? Whether your career path has always been for Elementary Education, or you are looking to make a career change, Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Teaching – Elementary Education online degree program will help achieve your career goals by setting a clear path for you to obtain your initial teaching licensure.
With core courses in learning theory and behavior management, you will study math, natural sciences, and language acquisition and reading skills in your journey to obtain your initial teaching licensure. Our online teaching degree will give you the tools you need to help children be successful in their educational journey.
With the U.S. Department of Labor projecting at least a 6% employment growth for elementary school teachers until 2026, the demand for skilled educators will be high. Therefore, we have designed our Masters in Elementary Education online degree program with your success in mind. You can complete our program in as little as two years as you continue to work while going to college. Our goal is to support you as both a student and as a teaching professional. Additionally, Liberty University’s online teaching degree allows you to pursue multiple areas of study. Many students choose to pursue a Dual Endorsement to expand their marketability. For more information, please see our career section below.
Why Choose Liberty’s Masters in Elementary Education Online Degree Program?
Are you looking for a career that will help you influence today’s students with a Christian worldview? Liberty University’s online teaching degree is designed to help integrate your faith into your professional life. At Liberty University, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics in an academic setting and to ultimately to use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world.
Additionally, the Masters in Elementary Education online degree program is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP).
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Online MAT in Elementary Education?
We don’t just train educators — we train educators who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s who you are and who you aspire to become. We want to help you reach your goals, so we’re making a master’s degree more affordable. You can add to your skillset, broaden your professional capacity, and make a bigger impact on your students with an online graduate degree in education from Liberty University.
Throughout this program, you will study:
- Educational behavior and development
- Theories and methodologies of education
- Current trends in the Education Field
- Methods of teaching and classroom management
Benefits of an Online Teaching Degree
- By earning your Masters in Elementary online from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we actually lowered our tuition for our Master of Arts in Teaching and Master of Education programs for the 2018-19 academic year. At $415 per credit hour for full-time, Liberty University’s M.Ed. online is now available at one of the lowest tuition rates for this degree in the county.
- Pursuing our online Masters of Arts in Teaching licensure-track may make you eligible for the Federal TEACH Grant.
- The School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an Educator Preparation Provider (EPP)
- Liberty’s MAT in Elementary Education ranked 3rd for Best Online Masters in Elementary Education Programs.
- You can achieve your state teaching licensure in less than two years.
- You will have the opportunity to network with educators from across the country.
Masters of Arts in Teaching Degree Information and Requirements
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Learn more about our optional intensives and visiting Liberty’s campus.
- This program requires a background check.
- Students will complete a semester of student teaching/internship.
- This program will help you achieve your initial teaching licensure.
- Our program is eligible for certification through the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- View all of the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- The discounted tuition rate of $275 per credit hour at part-time
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
What Careers Can You Pursue with a Masters in Elementary Education Degree Program?
- The Master of Arts in Teaching – Elementary Education is designed to get you into an Elementary school classroom as a licensed teacher!
- Students may also choose to pursue a Dual Endorsement. By taking a few extra courses, students can graduate with licensure in Elementary Education and another endorsement area, such as Middle Grades, Secondary Education, or Special Education. For more information about Dual Endorsements, please contact one of our Admissions Counselors at (800) 424-9596.
Admission Requirements for Online Graduate Certificate Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.