We offer 4 specializations for our online Bible degree. Each specialization features several courses that focus on the area of study that you’re most passionate in addition to core Bible classes. Check out more about each specialization below.
Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Bible – Apologetics can help you learn how to confidently share and defend the Christian faith. In this degree program, you’ll study under expert professors and benefit from a curriculum developed by highly respected apologists.
- APOL 220 – Introduction to Apologetics
- APOL 310 – Apologetics in a Secular Age
- APOL 320 – Apologetics and the Gospel
- APOL 330 – C.S. Lewis and the Apologetic Imagination
Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Bible – Christian Counseling is designed to equip you with a working knowledge of the Bible and a basic understanding of Christian counseling. This specialization allows you to choose 3 Christian counseling courses, which means you’ll have the flexibility to study topics in counseling you’re most interested in.
- CCOU 201 – Introduction to Christian Counseling
- CCOU 202 – Issues of Christian Counseling
- RLGN 360 – Practical Teaching of Scripture
- THEO 360 – Biblical Theology
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Bible – Christian Ministries is designed to help you learn more about the Bible and prepare you for a variety of ministry-related vocations. This degree track allows you complete autonomy in selecting your cognate courses, meaning that you’ll be able to choose ministry courses that you feel offer the most benefit to your goals.
- BIBL 300 – Pentateuch
- BIBL 310 – Old Testament Historical Books*
- BIBL 360 – Methodical Study of Scripture
- THEO 360 – Biblical Theology
*Course guide coming soon
Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Bible – Theology can teach you key theological principles as well as foundational Biblical knowledge capable of helping you succeed in a variety of ministry-related settings.
- THEO 310 – Theology of Humanity
- THEO 313 – The Person and Work of Christ
- THEO 330 – Theology of the Family
- THEO 415 – Examining and Applying Biblical and Theological Concepts
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s Degree in Bible
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online biblical studies degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our Institutional Challenge Exams (ICE) are available for select courses in order to help you progress even faster in the degree.
BS in Bible Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Dive Into God’s Word with Liberty’s 100% Online Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical Studies
Are you interested in earning a bachelor’s degree that can help you gain an advanced understanding of the Bible? Perhaps you’d like to work in youth ministry, become a pastor, or pursue a career in Christian education. If this sounds like you, Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science in Bible is a great option. Our online Bible degree can help prepare you for ministry and equip you with in-depth knowledge of the Bible.
Our School of Divinity is home to an impressive group of biblical scholars who are dedicated to your success. In our BS in Bible degree, you study under distinguished theologians and experienced pastors who have been studying and teaching God’s Word for years. We know that you expect a high-quality education, and as a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we know what it takes to deliver a respected online degree program that promotes academic, personal, and professional growth.
At Liberty, we don’t just see you as a student. We see you as a child of God, and we believe that you have a unique part to play in the Great Commission. If you’re ready to prepare for your role in spreading the Gospel, partner with us and gain a respected credential that you can use to change lives.
Why Choose Liberty’s BS in Bible Degree?
Liberty is one of the largest Christian universities in the world. Our mission to Train Champions for Christ is at the heart of every degree we offer, including our Bible degree online. Our School of Divinity is home to one of the largest and most impressive groups of theologians in America, and each of your courses will be taught by a Christian professor who is passionate about helping you gain a better understanding of the Bible. Your instructors will pray for you, are available to mentor you, and have a vested interest in your success.
At Liberty, we seek to help men and women develop a robust knowledge of the Bible that can be used to explain and defend the faith. This degree program is offered 100% online in 8-week sections with no required intensives, so you can earn your Bible degree from the comfort of home.
As a student at Liberty, you’ll also have access to our library’s vast collection of scholarly journal articles and publications. In addition, each of your courses includes complimentary electronic textbooks, which can save you an estimated $800-2,000 each year on books!
Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can rest assured that your degree has satisfied rigorous accreditation requirements. Whether you hope to plant churches, lead your own congregation, minister internationally, or simply gain a better understanding of the Bible, Liberty’s online bachelor’s degree in Bible can help you accomplish your goals.
Providing World-Class Education to Military Students Across the Globe
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Bible Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Undergraduate business prerequisites
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
What Will You Learn in Our Biblical Studies Degree?
In our Bible degree online, you will study the Old Testament, New Testament, and systematic theology. You will also study intercultural communication and engagement, the Pentateuch, and each of the Gospels. In addition, our Bible degree covers Pauline Epistles, General Epistles, practical methods for teaching Scripture, and biblical theology. This degree’s Bible-specific major courses also teach Acts, Daniel and Revelation, writing for religious disciplines, and methodical approaches to the study of Scripture.
Our BS in Bible allows you to select 24-30 elective credit hours. While you can take additional Bible courses to satisfy these electives, you can also study youth ministry, theology, Christian counseling, church history, global studies, and more. The structure of our bachelor’s in biblical studies degree can help you become a well-rounded, knowledgeable professional who can effectively minister to people of different cultures and backgrounds.