Reach Underserved Populations in the Church with a Bachelor of Science in Bible – Disability Ministry
Do you have a passion for caring for those with disabilities? Do you find joy in helping engage different groups of people in a church community? There is a steady demand for professionals in spiritual care ministry. Specifically, there is a need for biblical-theological skills in spiritual care fields like disability ministry.
Our 100% online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Bible – Disability Ministry can equip you with a deep understanding of the theological foundations for this crucial area, the practical implications for ministry contexts, the importance of engaging and connecting with marginalized peoples, and the necessary tools for successful implementation of a disability ministry within the framework of the church.
If you want to foster biblically founded, disability-inclusive ministry environments informed by an understanding of the general impact of disabilities across an individual’s lifespan and increase accessibility, hospitality, and participation within the local church, our program might be right for you.
What Is the Difference Between a Bachelor of Science in Bible and a Bachelor of Science in Religion?
There are many differences between the BS in Bible and the BS in Religion. Regardless of specialization, the BS in Bible has 51 credit hours of core major courses, while the BS in Religion degree program has 36.
The 2 programs share many of the same core courses, but there are several key distinctions. The BS in Bible offers a more focused study of Scripture itself. This encompasses background information on both the Old and New Testaments, studies of the epistles and prophets, and analysis of the different types of books in the Bible. The BS in Religion takes a broader approach to studying Christianity and its history. The origins of the church, global studies, and the history of life are all studied in the religion degree program.
Why Choose Liberty’s BS in Bible – Disability Ministry Online Degree?
You see those in your church and community who have increased difficulty due to disabilities and feel compassion. For people with disabilities, it can be challenging to engage in a church community. Skilled professionals who have specific knowledge and training in building effective disability ministries can make a profound difference in the lives of these individuals.
Liberty University is recognized for its academic excellence and commitment to our mission of Training Champions for Christ. To accomplish this mission, we teach all of our courses from a biblical worldview. We recognize the importance of Scripture in building a successful church ministry. Establishing strong, biblical relationships amongst members of a church – particularly those members with disabilities – is part of what helps a church grow, flourish, and nurture the local community.
Our BS in Bible – Disability Ministry program is offered in a 100% online format. This provides you with exceptional flexibility that allows you to further your education while maintaining your personal commitments. You can study core principles of the Bible while also specializing in a particular ministry area and have the confidence that our comprehensive curriculum can help you become a well-rounded servant for Christ.
What Will You Learn in Our Disability Ministry Bible Degree?
This program blends academic knowledge of the Bible, practical tools for disability ministry, and knowledge of the Christian worldview to help you provide valuable spiritual guidance that can result in mature, value-driven behavior.
Through the BS in Bible – Disability Ministry, you can gain the knowledge and skills necessary to interpret each major genre of the Old and New Testaments as well as skills needed for teaching in vocational and pastoral ministry. You will take courses in topics such as the Old Testament historical books, major and minor prophets, the Gospels, Acts, Pauline Epistles, and Daniel-Revelation.
The disability ministry specialization is designed to help you serve those who are marginalized by disability. This is accomplished by exploring a theological understanding of disability that forms the foundation for providing disability ministry in the church. Courses cover topics such as accessibility and inclusion in church ministry, congregational care, and the theology of disability.
- CHMN 325 – Introduction to Disability Ministry in the Church
- CHMN 350 – Accessibility and Inclusion in Church Ministry
- CLCM 415 – Congregational Care in Disability Ministry*
- THEO 305 – Theology of Disability*
*Course guides coming soon
Highlights of Our BS in Bible – Disability Ministry Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- This Bachelor of Science in Bible – Disability Ministry can be completed in as little as 3.5 years!
- You can become specialized in a type of ministry that your church might not yet offer, allowing you to make a significant impact in your congregation and community.
BS in Bible – Disability Ministry Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Career Opportunities for BS in Bible – Disability Ministry Graduates
- Bible teacher
- Christian nonprofit leader
- Christian schoolteacher
- Disability minister
- Disability ministry assistant
- Disability ministry coordinator
- Disability outreach coordinator
- Disabled adults teacher
- Family life minister
- Missionary to the disabled
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
Official college transcripts
Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.