Explore Biblical Principles and Learn More About Christian Counseling with Liberty’s Online Bible Degree in Christian Counseling
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Bible – Christian Counseling is designed to equip you with a foundational knowledge of God’s Word in addition to a working skill set in Christian counseling. This online Christian counseling program consists of 8-week courses with no set login times and no required intensives – which means you’ll have the flexibility to remain committed to your job, family, and community as you pursue your studies.
Today’s world is in desperate need of godly guidance and wisdom. Though these things come directly from the Lord, God uses people to be the hands and feet of Jesus in a broken and fallen world. This degree program can help equip you with the skills needed to serve as a place of respite to the restless, a minister to the lost, and a beacon of light in a world that desperately needs Jesus.
By partnering with us for your BS in Bible online degree, you can derive a lifetime of benefit. Don’t put your career in ministry or Christian counseling on hold any longer – partner with us, gain valuable skills, and use our online Bible degree to spread the Gospel.
Why Choose Liberty’s Christian Counseling Degree Online?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to develop an online degree program that challenges you academically while respecting your commitments to your job, family, and community. Since our inception in 1971, our mission to Train Champions for Christ has not changed. Developing principled, Christian leaders is what we do. When you choose Liberty, you choose a university backed by a brick-and-mortar campus with years of excellence in education to match.
At Liberty, you won’t just find an online classroom – you’ll find a community of dedicated scholars just as committed to impacting the world for the Kingdom as you are. You’ll also enjoy 24/7 access to our library’s vast collection of online resources, expert professors who are passionate about your success, and a world-class curriculum developed by some of the brightest minds in ministry today.
With competitively priced tuition, a tradition of academic excellence, and a flexible online format, you would be hard pressed to find a university that fits you and your goals better than Liberty. The time has never been better to pursue a BS in Bible degree online – and at Liberty, it has never been easier.
What Will You Learn in Our Bible Degree in Christian Counseling?
In addition to general education courses, this degree program consists of 2 main sections: Bible courses and Christian counseling courses. The unique blend of courses that this program offers can help you develop new skills as you build on skills you already have.
In the Bible section of this degree, you will study the Pentateuch, historical and poetical books of the Old Testament, and the prophets. You will also study the Gospels, Acts, the Pauline epistles, and the general epistles. In addition to a methodical study of Scripture, you will explore Daniel-Revelation, Old and New Testament backgrounds, and research and writing for religious disciplines. To round out the Bible section, you’ll take courses in the practical teaching of Scripture and biblical theology – then take a capstone course that will test your knowledge of the curriculum.
In the Christian counseling courses, you’ll combine your knowledge of the Bible with principles necessary to shepherd others through trying times. Just as it is important to share God’s Word with people, it’s also important to listen. Our Christian counseling courses can teach you various foundational counseling theories, empathetic listening, and how to use Scripture to lead your clients in a direction that is pleasing to the Lord. This section of our online Bible degree in counseling also allows you to choose 3 elective courses – so you can customize your degree to your unique passions.
- CCOU 201 – Introduction to Christian Counseling
- CCOU 202 – Issues of Christian Counseling
- RLGN 360 – Practical Teaching of Scripture
- THEO 360 – Biblical Theology
Highlights of Our Online Bible Degree in Christian Counseling
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our BS in Bible in as little as 3.5 years.
Online Bible Degree in Christian Counseling Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Christian Counseling Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Online Christian Counseling Degree Graduates
As a graduate of our BS in Bible – Christian Counseling program, you can prepare to pursue a variety of careers, including:
- Christian counseling
- Local church administration
- Local ministries
Admission Requirements for Our BS in Bible Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.