Develop a Biblical Foundation for Caring for Those in Need Around the World with a Bachelor’s Degree in Bible – Humanitarian Action and Human Rights
Does advocating for and ministering to those who are oppressed sound like a meaningful way to serve? With Liberty’s Bachelor of Science (BS) in Bible – Humanitarian Action and Human Rights, you can help the suffering through cross-cultural service. We are called to love the Lord and to love our neighbors as ourselves. Liberty’s human rights degree can equip you with a comprehensive understanding of the Bible and how it can be applied when serving the disadvantaged.
Whether you envision serving others in your local community or internationally in the wake of a crisis, Liberty’s bachelor’s degree program in Bible – humanitarian action and human rights may be the program for you. Through this degree, you can prepare to seek positions in various types of nonprofit organizations, governmental aid organizations, and non-governmental humanitarian groups. You can work alongside others seeking to defend human rights and assist those who are suffering. Education is the first step. You can complete our bachelor’s degree to give yourself the skills and knowledge necessary to meet the needs of others.
The Bachelor of Science in Bible is designed to allow you to study the Bible in depth. You can further your understanding of how to study Scripture and relay the information to others through our program. And, by pursuing a specialization in humanitarian action and human rights, you can learn practical skills that you can utilize when serving others.
What Is the Difference Between a Bachelor of Science in Bible and a Bachelor of Science in Religion?
There are many differences between the BS in Bible and the BS in Religion, even when they offer the same specializations. Regardless of specialization, the BS in Bible has 51 credit hours of core major courses while the BS in Religion degree program has 36 credit hours of core major courses.
The 2 programs share many of the same core courses, but there are several key distinctions. The BS in Bible offers a more focused study of the Bible itself. This encompasses background information on both the Old and New Testaments, studies of the epistles and prophets, and analysis of the different types of books in the Bible. The BS in Religion takes a broader approach to studying Christianity and its history. The origins of the church, global studies, and the history of life are also studied in the religion degree program.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor of Science in Bible – Humanitarian Action and Human Rights Degree?
Liberty University has a mission of Training Champions for Christ. We accomplish this by teaching all our courses, regardless of program, from a biblical worldview. You can learn the skills needed for humanitarian work and the defense of human rights through our Bachelor of Science in Bible. We provide you with the best education possible to help you build a solid foundation of biblical understanding. While many degree programs can help you better understand the Bible and prepare you for a career in outreach, the specialization in humanitarian action and human rights can further hone your skill set to help you serve those in crisis on a global scale.
Our 100% online courses give you the flexibility needed to maintain your commitments. If you are already working or volunteering to serve others, it can be difficult to dedicate the time needed to take courses on a physical campus. By furthering your education online, you can have a better balance of education, work, and life.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Bible – Humanitarian Action and Human Rights Online Degree Program?
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Bible allows you to dive deep into Scripture. The core major courses of the program will incorporate teaching you how to go about studying the Bible effectively. Courses include research and writing for religious disciplines as well as methodical study and practical teaching of Scripture. This program also seeks to establish foundational knowledge of both the Old and New Testaments, major and minor prophets, Pauline and general epistles, Gospels, Daniel-Revelation, Acts, and biblical theology.
The courses required for the specialization in humanitarian action and human rights incorporate practical knowledge about the theological and biblical foundations of caring for others. You can learn to address issues in areas such as:
- Disaster relief
- Human rights violations
- Human trafficking
- The sanctity of human life
- Trauma healing
You’ll also take 2 courses that discuss the theology of humanitarian response and the theological foundation for human rights. Additionally, your courses can give you a firm grasp of the principles we must uphold and defend for vulnerable populations globally based on the ethic of universal benevolence from the Judeo-Christian faith. Instruction includes how to maintain the dignity of those assisted and provide sustainable relief that does not harm the local economy. You can gain real-world knowledge of how humanitarian actions are carried out by completing a praxis course as part of your specialization.
- CLCM 205 – Introduction to Humanitarian Action
- CLCM 475 – Humanitarian Action in Praxis
- THEO 320 – A Theology of Humanitarian Response
- THEO 325 – Theological Foundations for Human Rights
Highlights of Our BS in Bible – Humanitarian Action and Human Rights Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Prepare to meet the needs of others who are desperate and hurting by serving locally, nationally, or internationally.
- Strengthen your biblical and theological foundation so you can better care for others.
BS in Bible – Humanitarian Action and Human Rights Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Undergraduate Bible – Humanitarian Action and Human Rights Graduates
- Advocacy advisor
- Bible teacher
- Christian nonprofit leader
- Disaster relief coordinator
- International humanitarian aid worker
- Ministry assistant
- Ministry coordinator
- National humanitarian aid worker
- Outreach coordinator
- Refugee care worker
- Urban ministry leader
Admission Requirements for Our Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.