Prepare for an Exciting and Engaging Career in Ministry with an Online Christian Ministries Degree
Understanding the Bible and how it relates to our duty in ministry to others is crucial. If you have a desire to help others through Christian ministry and gain a deeper understanding of the Bible, then a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Bible – Christian Ministries degree may be for you.
With an online Bible degree from Liberty, you can prepare to help meet the spiritual needs of others and further the Gospel message. Whether you are new to the ministry field or are a seasoned veteran, gaining a deeper understanding of Scripture and how it relates to ministering to those in need is a great asset to any Christian ministry.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ministry Degree Online?
Since 1971, we’ve been committed to fulfilling our mission of Training Champions for Christ. This goal has helped shape our university, faculty, staff, and students to not only minister to others, but to be agents of change throughout their communities and the world. By joining a student body of people who have their eyes set on Christ, you can train others to do the same.
We know that as you search for biblical studies degrees in ministry, quality is important. Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
In addition, our professors have advanced degrees in Christian studies and related areas. Our faculty also have years of experience in a variety of ministries. They are excited to come alongside you and share their expertise with you so that you can prepare to turn your knowledge into wisdom.
We understand the importance of flexibility while earning your Bible degree online. That’s why our bachelor’s degree in ministry is offered 100% online with no set login times. With flexibility like this, you can remain invested in your family, church, and community while earning your online ministry degree.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Bible Degree?
As you pursue your online Bible degree, you will study the nuances of Scripture. You will dive deep into topics such as the Major and Minor Prophets, Old Testament poetry and historical books, theology, and more. By gaining a thorough understanding of the epistles, New and Old Testament backgrounds, and methods of teaching Scripture, you can prepare for an exciting variety of job opportunities.
Within the Christian ministries specialization, you will have the opportunity to mix and match courses from areas of study like youth ministry, Christian leadership and church ministry, evangelism, and global studies. By having the flexibility to choose courses that fit your career goals, you can better prepare to advance in your career or pursue positions of added responsibility within the field of Christian ministry.
- BIBL 300 – Pentateuch
- BIBL 310 – Old Testament Historical Books
- BIBL 360 – Methodical Study of Scripture
- THEO 360 – Biblical Theology
Highlights of Our Online Bible Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Bible degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete your BS in Bible degree in as little as 3.5 years!
BS in Bible – Christian Ministry Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Undergraduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for BS in Bible – Christian Ministry Graduates
As a graduate of our BS in Bible – Christian Ministry program, you may be better prepared to pursue a variety of careers such as:
- Bible teacher
- Christian nonprofit leader
- Family life minister
- Ministry assistant
- Ministry coordinator
- NextGen coordinator
- Outreach coordinator
- Youth leader
- Youth minister
Admission Requirements for Our BS in Bible Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.