Defend the Faith and Spread the Truth of the Gospel with Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Bible – Apologetics Online Degree
Christianity and the Bible are under constant attack from all sides. These attacks are nothing new – since the time of Jesus, there have always been those who seek to undermine the Christian faith – but the war against Christianity has taken on new shapes and forms in the 21st century. By learning about the branch of theology called apologetics, you can prepare to take a stand for the faith and provide logical, reasoned arguments in defense of Scripture.
If you want to help those around you grasp the validity of the Bible, it’s important that you dive deep into God’s Word and see firsthand what is written in the biblical texts. That’s why we designed our 100% online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Bible – Apologetics to help you gain an in-depth understanding of Scripture as well as practical methods for defending the Christian faith.
Through this online degree in apologetics, you may come to grow in your own walk with Christ as you learn how to show others the rationality of Christianity. The knowledge you gain in this program can help you come alongside other believers who are struggling with doubt as well as non-believers who need help seeing the truth of the Gospel message. Our BS in Bible – online apologetics degree offers a solid foundation in Scripture and provides ample opportunity for you to study God’s Word directly. That way, you can be sure that your defense of the Christian faith is firmly rooted in biblical truth.
Partner with us and prepare to help those around you grow closer to Christ as you show them the validity of Scripture – all with an attitude of grace, love, and humility.
Why Choose Liberty’s BS in Bible – Online Apologetics Degree?
Liberty has been a pioneer in distance learning since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to providing a flexible, affordable, and high-quality education has not. Our BS in Bible – Apologetics degree program is offered 100% online with 8-week courses and no set login times, so you can pursue your degree while remaining invested in your top priorities – like your job, family, and community.
At Liberty, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. We are regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our courses are taught by professors with advanced degrees and years of experience in related fields. With their guidance, you can develop practical skills for use in your career while growing in your understanding of Scripture.
Our mission is to Train Champions for Christ – which means we seek to equip passionate, qualified professionals with the knowledge, values, and skills essential for impacting the world. As a student at Liberty, you won’t just get an education – you’ll have the opportunity to become more strongly rooted in a biblical worldview and prepare to help spread the kingdom of God as you serve others through your career.
What Will You Learn in Our BS in Bible – Online Degree in Apologetics?
In this program, you’ll take a wide variety of courses designed to help strengthen your knowledge of Scripture. You will study both the Old and New Testaments with an emphasis on areas such as the Pentateuch, the Major and Minor Prophets, and the Gospels. You’ll also examine the connection between Daniel and Revelation and take courses focusing on Acts, the Pauline epistles, and the general epistles. Other topics of exploration include the methodical study of Scripture, research and writing for religious disciplines, practical teaching of Scripture, and biblical theology.
Our apologetics specialization focuses on helping you develop the critical thinking skills and theological principles needed to respond persuasively to arguments from skeptics and unbelievers. Within this specialization, you’ll explore the major apologetic issues of today and learn how the cultural movements and values of modern society shape people’s approach to the Gospel. You will also examine the historical evidence related to Jesus’ birth, life, ministry, death, deity, and resurrection. Lastly, you’ll study the writings of one of the greatest apologists to ever live – C.S. Lewis – and learn how you can apply his apologetic approach to the current cultural moment.
- APOL 220 – Introduction to Apologetics
- APOL 310 – Apologetics in a Secular Age
- APOL 320 – Apologetics and the Gospel
- APOL 330 – C.S. Lewis and the Apologetic Imagination
Highlights of Our BS in Bible – Apologetics Degree Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your Christian apologetics degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our 100% online courses are designed to help you earn your degree without putting your life on hold.
- You can complete this online bachelor’s degree in apologetics in as little as 3.5 years!
- You can potentially transfer in up to 75% of your total credit hours – allowing you to get a head start on your degree and finish your studies even sooner.
BS in Bible – Apologetics Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our BS in Bible – Online Apologetics Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for BS in Bible – Apologetics Graduates
- Christian author
- Christian nonprofit leader
- Christian school teacher
- Christian speaker
- Ministry coordinator
- Vocational missionary
Admission Requirements for Our BS in Bible – Online Degree in Apologetics
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.