Gain a Foundational Understanding of Biblical Theology and Prepare for Ministry Roles with Liberty’s Bible Degree in Theology Online
Are you interested in learning more about the Bible and theology? Perhaps you have a heart for ministry and a passion for God’s Word – and you’d like to grow in both areas. If so, Liberty’s 100% online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Bible – Theology may be a great fit for you.
As one of the largest Christian universities in the world, we understand that humanity is in desperate need of Christ. People across the globe constantly search for answers and purpose in things that can provide neither. You can use this online theology degree to minister to such people and help them find answers in God’s Word – the only resource that provides true meaning and purpose to the lost.
The Bible is much more than just a book, and theology is more than just a subject – it is a crown jewel of the sciences. If you feel a tug on your heart to pursue ministry and dedicate your career to the service of God’s kingdom, choose Liberty’s Bible studies degree in theology online.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bible Degree Online in Theology?
While many colleges and universities offer biblical and theological degrees, few universities can offer you a history as steeped in God’s Word as Liberty can. Since 1971, our mission has been to Train Champions for Christ. Our commitment to that mission has brought us from humble roots as a small Bible college nestled in the mountains of Central Virginia to a university with over 100,000 students studying across the globe. When you choose Liberty, you don’t just choose a school – you choose a university dedicated to equipping tomorrow’s Christian leaders with the skills and knowledge needed to be lights in a fallen world.
In addition, we have been pioneering distance education since 1985. We understand what it takes to design a degree that offers you everything you’re looking for in higher education. With a 100% online curriculum, convenient 8-week courses, no set login times, and no required intensives, our Bible degree in theology online allows you to further your education while remaining committed to the things that matter most – like your job, family, and community.
What Will You Learn in Our Bible Studies Degree in Theology?
Our BS in Bible degree online – theology consists of 3 main sections: general education classes, Bible courses, and theology classes. Each Bible and theology class woven into this program was carefully developed and handpicked to offer you an optimal academic experience.
In the Bible section of this degree, you will explore nearly every word of the Bible – from Genesis to Revelation. Topics of particular emphasis include Daniel-Revelation, the general and Pauline epistles, and the Pentateuch. You will also study research and writing for religious disciplines, biblical theology, and much more. Upon completion of the Bible-specific courses, you can feel an increased confidence in your knowledge of the Bible and how to share it with others.
In this degree’s theology online courses, you will venture into a more in-depth study of theological principles. You will study the theology of humanity, the person and work of Christ, and the theology of the family. In addition, you will examine and learn to apply biblical and theological concepts. Each of our courses is taught by expert professors who have a passion for your success, so you can feel confident that this degree can help prepare you for a career upon graduation.
Lastly, this online theology degree affords you the opportunity to study other topics you’re passionate about through 12-18 credit hours of elective courses. In this section, you can choose to continue studying the Bible and theology, explore another ministry-related area such as Christian counseling, or branch into new topics entirely – like business, writing, or geography.
- THEO 310 – Theology of Humanity
- THEO 313 – The Person and Work of Christ
- THEO 330 – Theology of the Family
- THEO 415 – Examining and Applying Biblical and Theological Concepts
Highlights of Our Online Bible Degree in Theology
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Bible degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete your BS in Bible degree in as little as 3.5 years!
Theology and Bible Degree Online Information
- This program falls under the John W. Rawlings School of Divinity.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Divinity Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Theological Studies Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Career Opportunities for Online Theology Degree Graduates
As a graduate of our BS in Bible – Theology program, you can prepare to pursue a variety of careers, including:
- Community outreach
- Youth ministry
Admission Requirements for Our BS in Bible Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.