Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Nursing for Your Master’s Degree?
Are you a practicing nursing professional with a bachelor’s degree but find that you need more advanced training, or even business expertise to further your career? Liberty’s School of Nursing has designed several 100% online nursing master’s degree tracks to help you get the training you need to tackle the unique challenges of the nursing profession.
Liberty’s online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) offers 5 areas of specialization to tailor your training to your specific needs, and our dual nursing degrees combine a nursing degree with a master’s in business administration (MSN/MBA) or healthcare administration (MSN/MSHA) to give you critical business management skills.
With an online nursing degree at Liberty University, being a busy professional doesn’t mean you have to give up furthering your career. Our courses are 100% online with optional intensives available. Study at home or work, or you can travel to our beautiful campus at Lynchburg, Virginia and take advantage of our state-of-the-art facilities with one-week intensives.
Liberty University’s mission is to Train Champions for Christ, and we fulfill our mission by preparing nursing professionals to better serve their patients by modeling Christ-like compassion. Become a part of our mission today with an online master’s degree in nursing!
At this time, our School of Nursing programs are limited in certain states. Please view the licensure/certification requirements for your state. International students can contact the School of Nursing for questions about admission to their specific degree of interest.
Liberty’s School of Nursing offers several graduate nursing programs that will give you the training you need in the areas of nursing education, nursing administration, and nursing informatics.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
If you are a registered nurse who already has a bachelor’s degree and are looking for advanced nursing skills for your career, Liberty’s 100% online Master of Science in Nursing will give you the specialized training you need for the following areas:
- Community health
- Health policy
- Nursing administration
- Nurse educator
- Nursing informatics
1-year accelerated tracks available for nurse educator, nursing administration, and nursing informatics tracks.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)/Master of Business Administration (MBA) Dual Degree
If you want to advance your nursing skills while learning how to apply critical executive business practices to the healthcare field, Liberty’s MSN/MBA dual degree program may be for you. This program can help you take the next step in your nursing career and give you the tools essential for solving various business problems you may encounter while practicing in a nursing leadership role.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)/Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA) Dual Degree
Liberty’s MSN/MSHA dual degree program can help you grow as a nursing professional and become a valuable asset to your organization as you explore strategic planning skills, business management techniques, and financial models and principles. Through this program, you can develop the leadership and management skills essential to success in a variety of healthcare administration settings.
RN to BSN to MSN Accelerated Program
Liberty’s School of Nursing offers an accelerated track for students who already have an RN to complete a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Master of Science in Nursing in less time! You will receive 39 hours of undergraduate transfer credit for your RN licensure.
See how Liberty can help you get advanced training in nursing education, nursing administration, and nursing informatics with the 100% online RN to BSN to MSN Accelerated Program.
2-year accelerated tracks available for nurse educator, nursing administration, and nursing informatics tracks.
What’s Special about the School of Nursing?
- Programs have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Liberty University’s School of Nursing is a proud member of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing. Our chapter is Psi Delta. For additional information, please visit our Psi Delta Chapter page.
- You have the opportunity to pursue dual nursing degrees at the master’s level. Speak with an admissions counselor for more information!
- Our online nursing programs are approved by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.
What are the Benefits of Earning an Online Nursing Degree from Liberty University?
Our online master’s degree programs offer students great benefits:
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)!
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)