Gain an Advantage in Your Career with Liberty’s Juris Master Online Degree Program
Whether you serve in politics, journalism, business, with nonprofits, or even on the mission field, understanding law codes can be vital to your success. Our online Juris Master degree program was created to specifically tailor to your needs as a professional. Depending on the institution, you might also see this degree referred to as a Master of Jurisprudence, Master of Science in Law, or even Master’s in Legal Studies.
Liberty’s law school offers Juris Master degree specializations in both American legal studies and international legal studies, giving you the ability to choose the specialty that is best suited to your profession and career goals. Our Juris Master online degree program is designed to teach you master’s level legal studies without the bar examination preparations that are part of a Juris Doctor degree, so you can focus on what matters most to you. You can also obtain the legal expertise you need and complete our Juris Master in a shorter amount of time than a Juris Doctor degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s Juris Master Online Program?
At Liberty we Train Champions for Christ – professionals who are prepared to lead in their fields with excellence and integrity. As an accredited Christian college ranked in the top five of over two thousand online colleges and universities, you can trust that your degree combines rigorous academics with a purpose of preparing you for the calling God has on your life.
We also believe that earning your master’s degree should not mean putting your life on hold. Our Juris Master degree can be completed 100% online and has no set login times. This format gives you the flexibility you need to study and complete assignments when it is most convenient for your schedule.
What Will You Learn in Our Juris Master Degree Online Program?
In our Juris Master online classes, you will gain a foundational understanding of legal research, analysis, and writing. As you study legal history, you will review the foundations of law and jurisprudence as well as legal ethics and professional responsibility. By concentrating on a specific area of study through one of our specializations, you will be able to tailor your master’s in law online program to your specific needs.
Our Juris Master degree, or Master of Jurisprudence online degree program as it is called at other institutions, is taught by practicing lawyers with real-world experience. Our professors care about you and strive to provide the mentorship and support you need throughout your degree program.
Juris Master Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your Juris Master degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the Juris Master program in less than two years!
- Government Leadership
Juris Master Online Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Law.
- View the online Law Course Syllabi (login required).
- This is not an accredited degree by the American Bar Association and will not allow you to sit for the bar exam or practice law in the United States.
Military Benefits for the Juris Master Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Juris Master in American Legal Studies
Our 100% online Juris Master in American Legal Studies will give you the foundation you need to understand American law and its influence on institutions around the country. You will study the intricacies of constitutional law, property law, legal communication, jurisprudence, and legal history to prepare you to understand the American government’s influence on global business and national economic development.
- JURI 530 – Contracts Law
- JURI 540 – Criminal Law
- JURI 570 – American Business Law
- JURI 620 – Law and Economics
Juris Master in International Legal Studies
Our 100% online Juris Master of International Legal Studies will prepare you to negotiate the complex world of international law. You will study foreign legal policies, international business regulations, and the effect of various legal systems on global markets. You will also learn how to perform legal analysis and research, allowing you to become an expert in international law and policy.
- JURI 630 – International Business Law
- JURI 650 – International Trade Law
- JURI 660 – International Law and Diplomacy
- JURI 670 – The Law of Armed Conflict
Juris Master Online Degree Program Admission Requirements
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Professional Vita/Resume
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.