Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Law?
The job market for the legal profession is projected to grow 12% over the next 10 years according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.* Liberty University’s School of Law is here to assist you in becoming part of this growing field. Our online programs can prepare you for a career in legal studies from a Christian worldview. With Liberty’s School of Law, you can gain a firm foundation in practical legal studies to pursue a career in government, politics, or legal studies!
We want to help you experience a truly unique education where faith and reason are integrated with quality academics. Liberty’s faculty is made up of practice partners, lawyers and attorneys, certified public accountants, certified mediators, and many other legal professionals. They can provide real-world insights into the legal field.
Both our undergraduate and graduate degree programs are 100% online. You can study in the comfort of your home or office while staying connected to your job, family, and community as you earn your degree.
Are you currently practicing law and want to expand your expertise?
Do you need legal expertise for another career?
Liberty’s online School of Law has the legal education you need.
Please note: The American Bar Association does not accredit 100% online programs. Please see the residential School of Law programs for bar-eligible degrees.
Available Online Law Programs
At Liberty, we offer programs related to law from the certificate to the postgraduate level. Explore your degree options below:
Become a Leader in Your Field by Earning One of Liberty University’s Online Law Degrees
Professionals from all industries often encounter challenges that require legal expertise. Whether you want to pursue a career in legal support as a paralegal or gain legal expertise for your current career, we have a program that can help. Liberty University’s Christian law school can provide you with the training you need – grounded in biblical ethics.
Can you go to law school online?
You can gain legal training online! Our degrees can help if you want to:
- Become a paralegal
- Boost your job options and earning potential as a lawyer
- Gain legal expertise for your current career
If you need to prepare for the bar exam, consider our residential Juris Doctor program.
Is Liberty University a good law school?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. We strive for excellence in all that we do – including our legal studies and lawyer preparation. Here are some of the benefits of choosing Liberty for your online legal studies training:
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This means your degree meets rigorous accreditation standards and will be respected in practices and other professional settings.
- Our professors have experience as lawyers and practice partners. They can train you from both an excellent curriculum and their own experiences.
- In keeping with our mission, we incorporate biblical principles into all of our courses. You will be trained to incorporate Christian ethics into your legal practice as a professional of integrity.
Is Liberty’s law school accredited?
The American Bar Association does not accredit 100% online programs. If you are interested in preparing for the bar exam, please consider our residential Juris Doctor program.
Liberty University holds regional accreditation with SACSCOC. This means that all of our 100% online programs meet the same rigorous standards as our residential degrees. Our online programs can help you meet your career goals. They are both academically sound and professionally respected.
What Are the Benefits of a Degree from Liberty’s Online Law School?
Our online degree programs offer law students great benefits:
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty’s law school online degrees are offered in 8-week course formats with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times!
Military Benefits for Liberty University’s Online Law School Students
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Undergraduate Military Benefits
Graduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
Learn more about meeting requirements for licensure or certification in your state.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, at Paralegals and Legal Assistants (viewed online September 2, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.