Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Law?
Liberty University’s School of Government is here to assist you in becoming part of this growing field. Our online programs can help prepare you for a career in legal studies from a Christian worldview. With Liberty’s School of Government, you can gain a firm foundation in practical legal studies as you pursue a career in government, politics, or legal studies!
We want to help you experience a truly unique education where faith and reason are integrated with quality academics. Liberty’s faculty is made up of practice partners, lawyers and attorneys, certified public accountants, certified mediators, and many other legal professionals. Our instructors can provide real-world insights into the legal field.
Our graduate degree programs are 100% online. You can study in the comfort of your home or office while staying connected to your job, family, and community as you earn your degree.
Are you currently practicing law and want to expand your expertise?
Do you need legal expertise for another career?
Liberty’s School of Law has the legal education you need.
Please note: The American Bar Association does not accredit 100% online programs. Please see the residential School of Law programs for bar-eligible degrees.
Available Online Legal Studies Programs
At Liberty, we offer programs related to law from the certificate to the postgraduate level. Explore your degree options below:
Become a Leader in Your Field by Earning One of Liberty University’s Online Legal Studies Degrees
Professionals from all industries often encounter challenges that require legal expertise. Whether you want to pursue a career in legal support or gain additional legal expertise for your current career, we have a program that can help. Liberty University’s Christian School of Law can provide you with the training you need – grounded in biblical ethics.
Can you pursue legal studies online?
You can gain legal training online! Our degrees can help if you want to:
- Boost your job options and earning potential
- Gain legal expertise for your current career
If you need to prepare for the bar exam, consider our residential Juris Doctor program.
Is Liberty University a good law school?
At Liberty, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. We strive for excellence in all that we do — including our legal studies and lawyer preparation. Here are some of the benefits of choosing Liberty for your online legal studies training:
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. This means your degree meets rigorous academic standards.
- Our professors have years of experience as lawyers and practice partners. They can train you from both curriculum and their own experiences.
- In keeping with our mission, we incorporate biblical principles into all of our courses. You will be taught to incorporate Christian ethics into your legal practice as a professional of integrity.
Is Liberty’s law school accredited?
The American Bar Association does not accredit 100% online programs. If you are interested in preparing for the bar exam, please consider our residential Juris Doctor program.
Liberty University holds regional accreditation with SACSCOC. This means that all of our 100% online programs meet the same rigorous standards as our residential degrees. Our online programs can help you meet your career goals. They are both academically sound and professionally respected.
What Are the Benefits of a Degree from Liberty’s University?
Our online degree programs offer law students great benefits:
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty’s online degrees are offered in 8-week course formats with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences).
Military Benefits for Liberty University’s Online Students
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Graduate Military Benefits
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Learn more about meeting requirements for licensure or certification in your state.