Navigate Legal Requirements for Operation with Liberty’s Online Juris Master (J.M.) in Compliance
Most companies and organizations have anxiety about meeting ever-changing compliance requirements from government agencies. From health codes to harassment policies, professionals in every industry must meet regulations or face fines and penalties.
Liberty’s online Juris Master in Compliance equips professionals with critical expertise in the regulation and policy matters that affect all fields of business and nonprofit organizations. With an administrative state of regulatory bodies constantly updating requirements, companies and professionals need more expertise in handling compliance-related matters in corporate, privacy, financial, and educational institutions.
The Juris Master in Compliance focuses on the rules and regulations that govern business, healthcare, nonprofits, education, and any industry that is engaged with local or federal governments. Compliance law professionals who know the rules and regulations that govern their industry will be better able to navigate the potential hazards of compliance successfully. For non-lawyer professionals who do not intend to practice law but want to study advanced legal principles, the online J.M. in Compliance provides one of the best paths to becoming a compliance and policy expert.
Can I Practice Domestic or International Law with a Juris Master Degree?
A Juris Master degree is designed to complement professional experience and an academic background in another field but does not meet requirements to sit for the BAR exam or practice law. The American Bar Association does not approve any non-Juris Doctor degrees. If you are thinking about becoming an attorney, we encourage you to apply to our residential JD program.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Juris Master in Compliance?
An increasing number of professionals who do not need a Juris Doctor need to understand the law to enhance their professional expertise in their fields. Liberty’s Juris Master is designed to offer an alternative to a residential Juris Doctor degree.
This 30 credit hour master’s degree is taught from a Christian worldview and helps students understand essential legal concepts in health policy and law without the commitment of a residential Juris Doctor degree. Professionals who need to understand legal policy and regulations that influence the functioning of businesses, educational institutions, nonprofits, and government agencies will gain a broad-based and in-depth study of legal issues and compliance for their industry.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Juris Master in Compliance Degree Program?
Liberty’s J.M. in Compliance is designed to equip you with an in-depth study of the American legal system as well as specialized compliance issues that may arise in your field.
The core of the online J.M. degree provides training in legal systems, legal analysis, research of law topics, and a history of law to give you a thorough background in legal studies. You will gain knowledge about legal issues that surround the health care industry while developing your critical thinking, reasoning, and writing skills. Because Liberty University is a Christian school and desires to Train Champions for Christ in the law and policy field, the online Juris Master program is grounded in biblical ethics and professional responsibility that reflects a Christian worldview.
Depending upon which electives you choose, topics will include laws related to health care compliance, corporate compliance, intellectual property, administrative law, and risk management. You will examine the process of meeting legal, ethical, and professional standards set by government agencies and third-party players. You will study how organizations can develop and administer effective standards to screen and evaluate employees, communicate and educate them on compliance issues, investigate non-compliance, and take appropriate disciplinary and remedial measures.
Through this program, you will examine domestic legal regimes that govern corporate conduct, norms, and ethics. You will also examine the development of compliance programs and the role of compliance professionals.
With a firm foundation in compliance and legal studies, earning the J.M. in Compliance will equip you with a wide skill set to tackle regulatory challenges in any industry you choose.
Juris Master in Compliance Featured Courses
- JURI 545 – Healthcare Compliance*
- JURI 580 – Ethics and Professional Responsibility
- JURI 615 – Corporate Compliance Survey*
- JURI 625 – Administrative Law*
*Course guide not yet available
Highlights of the Online Juris Master in Compliance Degree
- By earning your Juris Master in Compliance online from an accredited nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in law from across the country.
- You can complete the online Juris Master in Compliance in as little as 1 year.
Online Juris Master in Compliance Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Law.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Course Guides. (login required)
Military Benefits for the Juris Master Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for Graduates of the Online J.M. in Compliance Degree
Liberty’s online Juris Master (J.M.) can help prepare you to work in fields where legal knowledge is helpful, including roles like:
- Compliance consultant
- Executive policy director
- Legal educator
- Local or federal compliance agent
- Risk management consultant
Students pursuing this J.M. use the degree to further move into their respective field of employment. Also, students can pursue employment as a compliance officer or manager, HR professional, or privacy officer.
Admission Requirements for the Juris Master in Compliance
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Professional Vita/Resume
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.