Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Law for Your Online Master’s in Law Degree?
Are you interested in pursuing graduate-level legal studies without attending a residential law school? Maybe your career requires that you gain a better understanding of law but does not require that you become a licensed lawyer. If that sounds like you, Liberty University offers several online Juris Master (JM) degrees and one online Master of Laws (LLM) degree.
With Liberty’s graduate degree in legal studies, you can gain expertise in American or international law. You can also learn about various significant policies and explore how regulations affect institutions around the world. Business professionals, church leaders, journalists, missionaries, and professionals from many other fields can all benefit from an education in law!
At Liberty, we are proud to offer a truly unique legal education that integrates faith and reason into your legal studies. Our School of Law is made up of private practice partners, lawyers and attorneys, certified public accountants, certified mediators, and many other professionals with years of real-world experience in the legal field. If you are looking for a flexible, affordable, and 100% online graduate legal studies program, Liberty may have the right master’s in law program for you.
Is a law degree a master’s?
The term “law degree” is commonly used to describe a Juris Doctor degree, which is required if you hope to practice law in your state. Our Juris Master degree programs can help equip you with a better understanding of law but are not designed to prepare you for the bar exam. Additionally, our LLM degree program is for students who are already practicing lawyers.
While the term “law degree” can be used to describe Liberty’s online JM and LLM programs, the term is typically ascribed to a degree Liberty only offers residentially: the Juris Doctor (JD). If you are interested in becoming licensed to practice law, you may want to consider our JD.
Take Your Legal Studies to the Next Level
School of Law Master’s Degrees
Juris Master – General (JM)
Liberty University’s 100% online Juris Master – General degree program is designed to help equip you with specialized legal skills that are applicable to a number of career fields. Our Juris Master online program features courses in legal writing and constitutional law. In addition, our Juris Master degree allows you to select 4 courses of your choosing — so you can construct a degree path that best fits your career.
- Juris Master – American Legal Studies (JM)
Liberty University’s 100% online Juris Master in American Legal Studies degree is primarily designed for business professionals who are interested in studying law but are not interested in obtaining a Juris Doctor or earning a law license. In addition to foundational studies in law, this master of legal studies online degree provides an overview of contracts, criminal law, property law, and tort law as well as American business law and economics.
Juris Master – Compliance (JM)
Liberty University’s 100% online Juris Master in Compliance degree is designed to help equip you with an educational overview of the laws, rules, and regulations that affect any business or industry that engages with federal or local governments. Our master’s in compliance law features courses in corporate compliance, administrative law, and risk management. If you’re interested in gaining legal expertise specific to business without becoming a lawyer, the JM in Compliance may be a great fit for you.
Juris Master – Health Law (JM)
Liberty University’s 100% online Juris Master in Health Law is designed for current healthcare professionals seeking additional legal expertise that specifically pertains to their career field. This healthcare law degree provides advanced study in healthcare and bioethics, healthcare compliance, and fraud and abuse within the healthcare industry.
- Juris Master – International Legal Studies (JM)
Liberty University’s 100% online Juris Master in International Legal Studies can help equip you with a sound understanding of international law, teach you how international law influences industries, and help you gain a firm grasp of international trade law. This JM in international law degree also provides an advanced study of international law, diplomacy, and human rights law, among other subjects.
- Master of Laws – International Legal Studies (LLM)
Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Laws in International Legal Studies is a terminal degree designed to help current lawyers deepen their understanding of law and pursue career opportunities that a Juris Doctor alone may not provide. A Juris Doctor or higher is required for admission to our LLM program.
Our LLM in international law features advanced study in international business, public, and trade law. This international law and legal studies degree also features courses in international human rights law, jurisprudence, and the law of armed conflict.
Whether you hope to become a lawyer or not, a legal education can help you pursue many career opportunities. For example, you can use a master’s degree in law from Liberty in the following ways:
- Engage in politics as a legal consultant or commentator.
- Help international ministries work with domestic regulations and foreign governments to deliver relief and the Gospel message.
- Serve in government leadership with law and policy expertise.
- Work in international business to help companies navigate global regulations.
Apply today and gain an understanding of law that can help you stand out in applicant pools!
What Are the Benefits of Earning an Online Master’s Degree from Liberty?
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University holds accreditation through the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)