The Juris Master in International Legal Studies Equips Professionals to Become Global Law Experts
Liberty University’s 100% online Juris Master in International Legal Studies degree will enrich your understanding of international law and fundamental legal principles, increasing your ability to address the global implications of policy and legal issues in many industries. For non-lawyer professionals who do not intend to practice law but want to study advanced constitutional principles and international policies, the online J.M. in International Studies provides the best possible path to becoming an international law and policy expert.
Can I Practice Domestic or International Law with a Juris Master Degree?
A Juris Master degree is designed to complement professional experience and an academic background in another field; however, this degree does not meet requirements to sit for the BAR exam or practice law. The American Bar Association does not accredit any non-Juris Doctor degrees. Requirements for practicing international law vary by country, but generally, you should pursue a Juris Doctor program. If you are thinking of becoming an attorney, we encourage you to apply to our residential J.D. program.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Juris Master in International Legal Studies Program?
If you currently own a business, have a role in government, or operate a nonprofit that consistently interacts with international law and regulations, you can appreciate how an advanced understanding of domestic and global laws can be an essential requirement for success. This 30-credit hour master’s degree is taught from a Christian world-view and can help you gain an understanding of crucial legal concepts without the commitment of a residential Juris Doctor.
In an increasingly global economy, professionals need to understand international legal policy and regulations that influence the functioning of business corporations, international organizations, mission agencies, and other enterprises. The Juris Master in International Legal Studies degree will help you gain a strategic understanding of this specialized area of law. These advanced legal studies courses will equip you for policy advisement, policy writing, legal consulting, and many other tertiary legal scholarship roles.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Juris Master in International Legal Studies Degree Program?
Our online Juris Master in International Legal Studies degree is designed to provide you with advanced studies in foreign legal policies, international business regulations, and other forms of overlapping governance that affect global markets. The core of the online Juris Master in International Legal Studies degree covers legal systems, legal analysis, research of law topics, and the history of law to give students a thorough background in legal studies. Because Liberty University is a Christian school and desires to train Champions for Christ in the law and policy field, the online Juris Master program is grounded in biblical ethics and professional responsibility that reflects a Christian worldview.
The international legal studies focus provides a flexible selection of advanced legal studies courses that students may choose from to customize their degree to a specific field. You may choose to emphasize international legal issues and policies in business, public policy, trade law, diplomacy, armed conflicts, or human rights.
International Legal Studies Featured Courses
- JURI 630 – International Business Law
- JURI 650 – International Trade Law
- JURI 660 – International Law & Diplomacy
- JURI 670 – The Law of Armed Conflict
Highlights of the Online Juris Master in International Legal Studies Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Juris Master in International Studies degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our Juris Master in International Legal Studies degree has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in law from across the country.
- You can complete our online Juris Master – International Legal Studies in as little as 1 year.
Online Juris Master in International Legal Studies Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Law.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Course Guides. (login required)
Military Benefits for the Juris Master Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Options for Graduates of the J.M. in International Legal Studies Degree
Liberty’s online Juris Master (J.M.) degree helps to prepare students to work in fields where legal knowledge is helpful, including:
- Government leadership
- Human resources
- International business
- Mission organizations
Admission Requirements for the Juris Master in International Legal Studies
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Professional CV/Resume
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.