Uphold Constitutional Rights by Earning a Juris Master Degree in American Legal Studies
Liberty University’s law school provides a 100% online Juris Master (J.M.) in American Legal Studies which gives the flexibility you need to juggle life and school while still receiving a quality education.
The goal of our Juris Master in American Legal Studies is to build upon your current knowledge and skills in American law. There is a growing need for professionals familiar with the intricacies of American law. Due to America’s legal influence on institutions around the world, the Juris Master degree in American legal studies will provide you with the ability to meet this need.
By studying the American legal system through our Juris Master degree, you can learn the fundamental principles of constitutional law and gain a greater understanding of the influence that our government has on global enterprises.
Why Choose Liberty’s Juris Master Degree in American Legal Studies Online?
Liberty University’s professors in the School of Law are legal professionals with years of hands-on experience. Each professor will provide you with fresh insights and helpful tools to better understand advanced legal theory and practice. This online law degree equips you with knowledge of fundamental legal principles so you can tackle legal challenges in many industries and professional fields.
Liberty’s J.M. in American Legal Studies primarily focuses on equipping business professionals, church leaders, journalists, politicians, and missionaries who need to study law but do not need a Juris Doctor (J.D.) to practice law. If you need advanced legal expertise in American law and policy for your career, Liberty’s online Juris Master in American Legal Studies will give you the training you need!
What Will You Learn in Our Juris Master’s Degree in American Legal Studies
As one of the largest private, nonprofit universities in the nation and the largest university in Virginia, we are always looking for new and exciting ways to take your educational experience to the next level. One of the most fundamental skills you will learn during your Juris Master degree in American Legal Studies is how to perform effective legal writing and analysis.
Without the ability to develop research methods, strategies, and statistical analysis, it is impossible to produce top-notch reports and data compilations that are used in formal legal analysis and communication. Students will explore torts and property law from a Judeo-Christian, ethical worldview. Each of these segments of law comes with its own multi-dimensional issues and particulars which you can come to master upon completion of your online legal studies degree.
Our Juris Master in American Legal Studies professors will teach you not only the fundamentals of constitutional law but also jurisprudence and legal history. Acquiring knowledge of jurisprudence and legal history helps provide a platform on which to build your newly found skills in legal communication, various forms of law, and its relation to economic factors. Each course is meant to give you the theoretical and practical knowledge that you can take with you in your career.
- JURI 530 – Contracts Law
- JURI 540 – Criminal Law
- JURI 570 – American Business Law
- JURI 620 – Law and Economics
Juris Master Degree in American Legal Studies Program Highlights
- By earning your Juris Master in American Legal Studies from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our master’s degree programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the Juris Master in American Legal Studies degree program in fewer than 2 years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Juris Master in International Legal Studies (J.M.) – Liberty’s Juris Master in International Legal Studies is a 100% online degree that trains you to understand legal matters that influence the commerce of international organizations, mission agencies, and other enterprises. Armed with this understanding, you will be able to build a foundation in the strategic application and understanding of international law.
- Master of Arts in Public Policy – Our Master of Arts in Public Policy will prepare you for an exciting career in many fields, including public administration, government, and politics. Each course will equip you to serve effectively as an expert in the field of public policy and will emphasize the importance of applying ethics to management practices. Through our online degree program, you will strengthen your critical thinking skills and stretch your comprehension of critical issues facing today’s society.
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice – Liberty University’s Master of Science in Criminal Justice will provide you with advanced training in criminal justice and professional administration. Through our online degree program, you will learn to apply the best practices and trends in criminal justice by mastering your written and verbal communication to be most effective as a leader in the criminal justice field. Liberty’s master’s in criminal justice focuses on the integration of ethics, criminal justice, and management.
Juris Master in American Legal Studies Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Law.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the Graduate Law Course Guides (login required).
This is not an accredited degree by the American Bar Association and will not allow you to sit for the bar exam or practice law in the United States.
Military Benefits for the Juris Master Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Juris Master Related Career Options
After completion of your Juris Master degree in American legal studies, you will have the opportunity to enter the workforce in a variety of career fields. Understanding American law is a necessity for those who wish to serve in a government leadership position, for example. America’s legal system is complex and in need of critical care from Christian leaders. We need passionate Christians who have a heart for America and are seeking to secure the future for upcoming generations.
Some of the other positions you can pursue with a J.M. in American Legal Studies include:
- Legal educator
- Local politician
- Office administrator
- Mission organization leader
Juris Master Online Degree Program Admission Requirements
Applicants must have a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 GPA or above for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Professional vita/resume
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.