Help Reform Criminals and Make Your Country Safer with a Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice – Corrections and Human Services
Do you long to become an effective advocate for community-based criminal justice reform? Would you like to help deserving individuals find an alternative to traditional sentencing or help with programs that reduce recidivism, the rate of returning to crime? If this sounds interesting, then Liberty University’s B.S. in Criminal Justice – Corrections and Human Services degree might be for you. The industry needs people with a heart for reform, rehabilitation, and restoration – is that you? If so, partner with us and start pursuing your criminal justice degree today!
Our online corrections and human services degree will provide you with a strong foundational understanding of the history, philosophy, and practical issues that influence our criminal justice systems. Designed to be completed in 3.5 years and offered 100% online, our program will allow you to continue to work while going to college – because our goal is to support you as both a student and professional.
Why Should You Choose Liberty University’s Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice – Corrections and Human Services?
Liberty’s online bachelor’s in criminal justice degree will help you gain an understanding of the internal workings of the criminal justice system. Throughout your criminal justice online program, you will study the constitutional, procedural, and structural differences of the federal criminal justice and representative systems.
This corrections and human services program is specifically designed for individuals who want to work on the restorative side of the criminal justice process. You will learn new theories and programs that have been developed to help reform offenders. Upon graduation, you will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to be a positive agent of change in the criminal justice system.
Additionally, our bachelor’s in criminal justice is offered entirely online with no on-campus requirements. This allows you to continue serving your church, family, and community while completing your correction specialist education online. If you want to make a difference, this program can help you attain your goals in the post-release community corrections field.
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals, in whatever way we can. The First Responder Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off the men and women who work in public service. As Liberty University’s way of saying ‘Thank you,’ we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
What Will You Learn in Our Online Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice – Corrections and Human Services?
Liberty University’s online bachelor’s in criminal justice is designed to teach you about each phase of the criminal justice system from entry to trial. Throughout this degree, you will learn from professors who have experience — often in the courtroom or corrections field as well as the classroom. Our corrections degree classes provide learners with a practical approach to studying issues within the corrections system in addition to engaging in exciting research projects and case studies.
With an undergraduate criminal justice degree from Liberty University, you’ll gain the foundational knowledge and in-demand skills you need to prepare you for future careers in corrections. This training includes exposure to:
- Current issues and problems in American law enforcement, courts, and correctional systems.
- Evidence-based community corrections programs.
- New philosophies within corrections to establish successful rehabilitation programs in the community and outside of traditional prison settings.
- Theoretical knowledge and practical skills in crisis intervention.
- CJUS 322 – Community-Based Corrections
- CJUS 351 – Criminal Justice Reform*
- CJUS 356 – Crisis Intervention for Criminal Justice*
- CJUS 357 – Evidence-Based Community Corrections*
*Course guide coming soon
Online Bachelor’s in Corrections and Human Services Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- View all of the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Options with a Corrections and Human Services Bachelor’s Degree
The online corrections and human services degree was designed to help lead you to a career in corrections. Specifically, you will be prepared for positions working with individuals after they have been released from a corrections facility at the community level including the following positions:
- Correctional treatment specialist
- Corrections social worker
- Entry-level community correction officer
- Entry-level program director
- Nonprofit community corrections counselor
- Outreach counselor
- Youth service worker/coordinator
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Corrections and Human Services Degree Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online criminal justice degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You will have the opportunity to network with leaders, policymakers, and experts in the criminal justice field from all over the country.