Promote Safety and Justice with a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Psychology
Do you love learning about human behavior? Are you passionate about promoting justice and protecting the innocent? Do you want to make the world a safer, fairer place for all people?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then a career in criminal psychology may be right for you! Criminal psychologists seek to understand how the criminal mind works, making them an important asset in the legal system. They often use their expertise to help track down suspects, solve criminal cases, and prevent future crimes from taking place.
Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice – Criminal Psychology will help you launch an exciting, rewarding career in criminal psychology. With training from our seasoned faculty, you can strengthen your investigative skills and gain a firm understanding of criminal thoughts, behaviors, and motives.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Criminal Psychology Degree?
As far as online colleges for criminal psychology go, we believe Liberty University stands out. Our program has been designed to help integrate ethical, biblical principles into your professional life. If you are looking for a career that will help you effectively assess and counsel individuals within the justice system while also making a strong impact on those around you, our online criminal psychology degree can help you get there.
Liberty’s criminal psychology courses online are informed by cutting-edge research and are taught by professors with real-world experience in criminal justice. Our faculty are passionate about what they do, knowledgeable in their field, and committed to your success. After completing this degree, you’ll be prepared to either enter the workforce or pursue a higher degree. Whatever your goals are, we’re here to help you achieve them.
You want to pursue a college degree – but maybe you worry that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities. That’s where our online programs come in. At Liberty, you can complete your classes from the comfort of your home and log into your courses when it’s most convenient for you. Most importantly, you can stay invested in the things that really matter — like your family, job, church, and community — while earning a degree that can help jumpstart your career.
At Liberty, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. Whether you are currently serving in the criminal psychology field or looking to start a new career, our B.S. in Criminal Psychology will help you excel in the workplace with biblical principles and ethical leadership skills.
What Will You Learn in Our Online B.S. in Criminal Justice — Criminal Psychology Degree Program?
In this program, you’ll gain in-demand skills that can boost your résumé and help you stand out to employers. By the time you graduate, you’ll be prepared to lead with excellence in the world of criminal psychology.
Build a solid foundation in essential areas of study. This degree offers a mix of psychology, criminal justice, and government courses. You’ll learn how to write case briefings, memoranda, and formal reports. You’ll also study important aspects of the criminal justice system, including juvenile justice, the judicial process, ethics, criminal law, and criminal investigations.
Explore topics in psychology that are directly related to criminal justice, such as substance abuse, behavior management, abnormal psychology, and crisis intervention. Our faculty will help you understand why criminals behave the way they do. With this knowledge, you can help shape the future of our criminal justice system for the better.
Learn about the historical, philosophical, and practical issues that impact criminal justice in America. In this program, you’ll have the chance to complete hands-on projects and use the knowledge gained in your courses to solve real-world problems.
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class learning opportunities and helping students achieve their educational goals. The First Responder Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off of the men and women who work in public service. If you are a firefighter, police officer, paramedic, or other first responder, we want to thank you for your service to our community by supporting you in your academic journey.
As Liberty’s way of saying “thank you,” we proudly provide first responders with the following benefits:
- A 25% tuition discount
- Potential college credit for training and life experience
- Personalized service throughout your educational journey
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits like the Corporate Advantage Program or our Military Benefits
For more information on eligibility and claiming this discount, please visit the First Responder Discount page.
B.S. in Criminal Justice Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty University’s Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our criminal psychology degree online.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Criminal Psychology Online Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- College credit for military training
What Can You Do with a Bachelor’s in Criminal Psychology?
By earning this degree, you can become qualified for many careers in criminal psychology. Some of these roles include:
- Corrections officer
- Criminal psychologist
- Parole officer
- Police detective
- Probation officer
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Undergraduate Psychology and Criminal Justice Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Bachelor’s in Criminal Psychology Online Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online B.S. in Criminal Justice – Criminal Psychology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- The courses in this program are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- While completing this criminal justice degree, you’ll get to network with leaders, policymakers, and experts in criminal psychology from across the country.
- As an online Liberty student, you can access a wide variety of resources through our top-notch research portal.