Help Protect and Serve Your Community with a Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice Administration Degree
Combining your passion for business, leadership, and criminal justice into a degree program may be easier than you think! Liberty’s 100% online B.S. in Criminal Justice – Business Administration and Management degree seeks to equip students for administrative and supervisory roles in criminal justice agencies.
Throughout this program, you can gain a thorough understanding of the American criminal justice system. You’ll also explore core topics in business, accounting, and management. By combining this knowledge, you can pursue a wide variety of exciting careers.
Criminal justice agencies around the country need strong leaders who can manage resources, develop short- and long-term objectives, and inspire team members to achieve organizational goals. If that sounds like something you’d enjoy doing, our criminal justice and business management degree is for you!
Partner with us and prepare to launch your career in the criminal justice field!
What can you do with a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice management?
This program seeks to equip students for management roles in courts, correctional facilities, and law enforcement agencies. Your job responsibilities might include supervising staff, performing administrative duties, and ensuring the safety of workers, inmates, and the public.
Would you rather work directly in the field, perhaps as a law enforcement officer? If so, our criminal justice management degree can also help you do just that! In this program, you can develop the skills needed to pursue work as a police officer, private investigator, or crime scene investigator, among other roles.
How much can you make with a bachelor’s in criminal justice administration?
At Liberty, you’ll get the training you need to pursue many different job opportunities. Here are just some of the careers and salaries you could qualify for after earning your degree:
- Police officer or detective – $65,170*
- Probation or correctional officer – $54,290**
- Administrative services manager – $96,940***
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Police and Detectives (viewed online November 23, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Probation Officers and Correctional Treatment Specialists (viewed online November 23, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
***Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Administrative Services Managers (viewed online November 23, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why pursue a business administration and criminal justice degree?
Whether you’re looking to advance in your current field, prepare for graduate school, or launch a new career, we have what you need. Our B.S. in Criminal Justice degree can help you earn a higher salary or stand out from job candidates without a college degree.
By completing a criminal justice and business degree, you can develop a broad skill set that can be applied to a variety of jobs. And, if you later decide to further your education, this program serves as an excellent stepping stone toward earning our M.S. in Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement Leadership degree!
Why Choose Liberty’s Business and Criminal Justice Program?
At Liberty, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and to use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. We don’t just offer degrees — we provide an opportunity for you to become a Champion for Christ in your chosen career path.
Balancing school and work may seem daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. To help ensure your success, we’ve designed a 100% online criminal justice degree program. With 8-week courses and no set login times, you’ll have the flexibility to earn your degree from anywhere in the world.
As a criminal justice and business administration student, you’ll learn from seasoned professors with years of real-world experience. Our faculty are invested in your success and ready to help boost your criminal justice expertise.
Maybe you’re currently serving as a criminal justice professional and want to gain additional credentials. Or perhaps you’re looking to enter the job market for the first time. Either way, Liberty provides the affordable tuition rates, high-quality academics, and marketable credentials you need to pursue your career goals.
Generous Discount for Active Duty Law Enforcement and Other First Responders
Liberty University is committed to providing world-class education and aims to help students achieve their educational goals, in whatever way we can. The First Responder Discount was created to take some of the financial burdens of tuition off the men and women who work in public service.
As Liberty University’s way of saying ‘Thank you,’ we proudly provide you with the following benefits:
- A 25% tuition discount
- Potential college credit for training and life experience
- Personalized service throughout your educational journey
- Potential stacking with other tuition benefits (Corporate Advantage Program or Military Benefits)
For more information on eligibility and claiming this discount, please visit the First Responder Discount page.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice Administration Online Degree?
In this program, you’ll take several core courses in criminal justice. The topics you’ll study include juvenile justice, criminal law, law enforcement corrections, terrorism, the judicial process, and criminal investigations. With this knowledge, you can effectively fight criminal behavior and keep your community safe.
You can also strengthen your communication skills as you learn about criminal justice research and report writing. By examining the moral dilemmas that often arise in law enforcement, you can become equipped to navigate the challenges of the profession and serve with integrity. Through this program, you can prepare to take on many types of criminal justice administration jobs.
The business administration and management cognate dives into topics like financial accounting, organizational behavior, and business law. You’ll learn how to manage many aspects of an organization — from human capital to financial resources — in a way that promotes effectiveness and efficiency. With this knowledge, you can help ensure that criminal justice agencies fulfill their duty to protect and serve communities.
Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice Management Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our criminal justice and business administration degree.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Online Criminal Justice Management Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- Potential college credit for military training
Criminal Justice and Business Administration Job Opportunities
Our criminal justice and business administration program can help equip you for many exciting job opportunities. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Correctional officer
- Corrections manager
- Criminal investigator
- Emergency management coordinator
- Law enforcement administrator
- Probation/parole officer
- Social services worker
Highlights of Our Criminal Justice Management B.S. Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice administration degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral online programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all online undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you’ll get to network with leaders, policymakers, and experts in law enforcement from across the country.
- Our criminal justice administration and management degree is offered in a 100% online, 8-week course format.
- Ready to take the next step in your education at the graduate level? If so, check out our master’s in criminal justice administration!
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Degree in Criminal Justice Management
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.