Why Choose Liberty University’s School of Behavioral Sciences for Your Minor?
Having a firm understanding of the way people think applies to any profession. Whether you are working through interpersonal challenges at work or trying to connect with your audience, behavioral sciences can give you insights into the working of the human mind that will help you engage, persuade, and join with people. Regardless of your major, you can add a behavioral science minor to your Liberty bachelor’s degree to add psychology expertise to your career!
Adding a minor to your degree can help add extra marketability and flexibility for your career, and in many cases, it will not add to the length of your program! If you want to complete a Christ-centered study in psychology or Christian counseling, Liberty has the program and minor options you need!
Shape Your Degree to Make a Bigger Impact for Christ in Your Field
Your minor does not have to be related to your degree, but it does help to reduce the number of credits you need to graduate. Some minors pair well with any degree, like business or writing, while others are better suited for a specific area of study.
Here are some suggested pairings for the minors offered through Liberty University’s School of Behavioral Sciences:
- Christian Counseling – Pairs well with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
- Dobson Center Family Advocacy, Public Policy, & the Future – Pairs well with our Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Christian Counseling, or Bachelor of Science in Religion.
- Dobson Center Marriage & Family Studies – Pairs well with our Bachelor of Science in Psychology or the Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Christian Counseling.
- Dobson Center Parenting & Child/Adolescent Development – Pairs well with our Bachelor of Science in Psychology or the Bachelor of Science in Psychology – Christian Counseling.
- Psychology – Pairs well with a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice.
If you have any questions about which minor might be right for you, call an admissions counselor at (800) 424-9595.
How Many Minors Can You Have?
Minors can only be added to bachelor’s degrees and may be used to plan out general electives in your degree plan to meet specific goals. You can pursue as many minors as you want, but more than one minor will likely add to the overall length of your degree plan beyond the normal 120 credit hour, three-year time frame.
Minor Program Format
- 15-18 credit hours.
- 50% of minors must be completed through Liberty University courses unless otherwise specified.*
- Only available to add to an online bachelor’s degree.
- You must be currently enrolled in your bachelor’s degree to declare a minor.
- More than one minor can be pursued but may add to overall program length.
*Military students are required to complete at least one course in their minor at Liberty.
What Are the Benefits of Earning an Online Minor from Liberty University?
Our online degree programs offer students great benefits like the following:
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online minor from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 8 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)!
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training