Use the Hope of Christ to Support Others with an Online B.S. in Psychology – Christian Counseling Degree
Do you recognize that there is a need for qualified counselors who can be a safe place and source of healing to others? With a spirit of love and compassion, you’re probably interested in a way to help those who need it. Liberty University’s online Christian counseling degree program can help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to counsel others.
Throughout our bachelor’s in Christian counseling degree online, you will develop your counseling skills. You’ll gain an understanding of human behavior and development grounded in biblical principles and leading research.
Our 100% online educational programs allow you to continue to work and devote time to your family and community without worrying about attending on-campus courses. If you dream of joining biblical counselors in helping others reach spiritual, emotional, and mental health, then Liberty’s online Christian counseling degree is for you!
What is Christian counseling?
As a Christian therapist, you will integrate psychological theories with biblical principles to encourage your clients to grow in their relationship with God. In this field, professionals have the opportunity to directly integrate Christian ideas and theology into their counseling sessions.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s in Christian Counseling Degree?
At Liberty University, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. Our biblical counseling degree online has been designed to integrate your faith into your professional life. Our core psychology curriculum is enhanced with a Christian counseling cognate to provide you with everything you need for success.
With our psychology classes, you will gain the background you need to understand counseling theory and how humans work. Our Christian-based counseling cognate will then equip you with practical skills and knowledge needed as a counselor.
Our professors have real-world experience in counseling and are passionate about preparing you to have a positive impact. They will teach you to use your faith to promote emotional and mental health.
In order to become a licensed counselor, you typically need to complete a master’s degree and some clinical experience. Our bachelor’s in counseling will lay the foundation you need to be successful in your future education.
What Will You Learn in the B.S. in Psychology – Christian Counseling Degree Online Program?
Liberty’s online Christian counseling degree will equip you with the knowledge and experience you need to offer biblical counseling to your future clients and help transform their spiritual, emotional, and mental health. We pair critical psychology classes with specialized Christian counseling courses to provide you with the theoretical and applicational knowledge you need to serve your clients effectively.
Our psychology classes cover a variety of topics that will help you succeed as a counselor, including:
- Behavior management
- Human learning principles
- Physiological psychology
- Psychological research techniques
- Social psychology theories
- The impact of culture on the effectiveness of different counseling approaches
- The use of statistics in psychology
- Theories on the origin and development of personality
With this foundation, you will be prepared to comprehend and address many human concerns and issues from a scientific and a biblical perspective.
Additionally, this program provides you with practical skills in the form of an internship, so you can receive hands-on training in counseling prior to graduation. You can also personalize your degree with some of the available counseling elective courses. Whether you’re planning to go into child and adolescent, trauma, crisis, or marriage counseling, there is an elective for you to receive specialized training.
“Liberty’s program allowed me to get an accredited psychology degree at my convenience. The schedule was flexible, and the online library resources were awesome. I am now receiving an extra 6% [pay increase] at work because of my Liberty degree. I grew both intellectually and spiritually because of Liberty’s emphasis on education from a Christian perspective.”
– Robert N. Betancourt, B.S. in Psychology Student
Our Christian Counseling Degree Online Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 5 years — and counting. Our online, affordable Christian counseling degree will make it possible for you to get the education you need to transform the lives of others for Christ.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on your Christian psychology books!
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your bachelor’s in Christian counseling degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in Christian counseling from across the country.
Honor Society and Advanced Certificates for Our Christian Counseling Degree Online
- Did you know Liberty University has a Psi Chi Honor Society chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Liberty University has worked closely with the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) to offer certificates of completion for many of our psychology courses.
Online Bachelor’s in Christian Counseling Degree Information
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guide (login required).
- Do you want more out of your degree? Add a minor (or two) to focus or expand your studies further.
Military Benefits for the Bachelor’s of Christian Counseling Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Careers with a Bachelor’s Degree in Christian Counseling
Our online Christian counselor bachelor’s degree was designed to help lead you to a career in Christian counseling and other non-clinical positions within the field of psychology. Potential careers include:
- Case manager
- Lay ministry Christian counseling
- Mental health services representative
- Non-licensed Christian counselor
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants to our Christian counseling degree must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.