Use the Hope of Christ to Support Others with an Online B.S. in Psychology – Christian Counseling Degree
If you have a passion to reach hurting individuals with love and support but are missing the educational foundation you need, then Liberty University’s online B.S. in Psychology – Christian Counseling degree is right for you! Throughout our online bachelor’s in Christian counseling degree program, you will develop your counseling skills by gaining an understanding of human behavior and development grounded in biblical principles and leading research. We have created our online Christian counseling bachelor’s degree program with your success in mind. Designed to be completed in four years or less, our 100% online program will allow you to continue to work and be active in your family and community without the worry of attending on-campus courses.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s in Christian Counseling Degree?
At Liberty University, we Train Champions for Christ, and our Christian counselor online bachelor’s degree program has been designed to integrate your faith into your professional life. Our professors have real-world experience in psychology and counseling and are passionate about preparing you to impact the world for Christ. Whether you are currently serving in the Christian counseling field or looking to start a new career, our online bachelor’s degree in psychology – Christian counseling will give you the foundation you need to you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional.
What Will You Learn in the B.S. in Psychology – Christian Counseling program?
Liberty University’s online undergraduate psychology program is designed to promote an integrated understanding of science, practice, and faith. These three components are taught in each class through the scientific application of best practices supported by a Christian worldview.
By specializing in Christian counseling, you will learn in-demand skills and methods to provide biblically sound guidance and teaching to future clients. Your courses will explore the essential aspects of counseling for individuals and families in ministry settings. Each course is designed to teach a different aspect of the Christian counseling practice that emphasizes biblical approaches to mental health, spiritual growth, and pastoral care.
- PSYC 420 – Psychology and Christianity
- CCOU 301 – Christian Counseling for Marriage and Family
- CCOU 302– Christian Counseling for Children
“Liberty’s program allowed me to get an accredited Psychology degree at my convenience. The schedule was flexible and the online library resources were awesome. I am now receiving an extra 6% at work because of my Liberty degree. I grew both intellectually and spiritually because of Liberty’s emphasis on education from a Christian perspective.”
– Robert N. Betancourt, B.S. in Psychology Student
Our Online Christian Counselor Bachelor’s Degree Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your online bachelor’s in Christian counseling degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- Our online Christian counseling degree ranked in the top 5 for Best Online Christian Counseling Program and Most Affordable Online Counseling Degree.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- According to the Occupational Information Network, clinical areas of psychology are expected to grow up to 19% by 2024, so students who continue on to a graduate-level program can expect a good outlook on employment opportunities!
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in Christian counseling from across the country.
Honor Society and Advanced Certificates
- Did you know Liberty University has a Psi Chi Honor Society chapter? Learn more about membership opportunities.
- Liberty University has worked closely with the American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) to offer certificates of completion for many of our psychology courses. For a complete list of courses, contact one of our admissions counselors today!
Online Bachelors in Christian Counseling Degree Information
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This program falls under the School of Behavioral Sciences.
- View the Undergraduate Behavioral Sciences Course Guide (login required).
- Do you want more out of your degree? Add a minor (or two) to focus or expand your studies further.
Military Benefits for the Bachelors of Christian Counseling Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- Potential college credit for military training
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Careers with a Bachelors Degree in Christian Counseling
Our online Christian counselor bachelor’s degree was designed to help lead you to a career in Christian counseling and other non-clinical positions within the field of psychology. Potential careers include:
- Case manager
- Lay ministry Christian counseling
- Mental health services representative
- Non-licensed Christian counselor
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts with a completed official transcript request form**
- A high school self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.