Dr. Tate Fonville, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Mechanical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, Liberty University
- M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Mississippi State University
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Mississippi State University
- July 1, 2022 Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Liberty University
- 2019-present Chief Engineer, Genesis Helmets Inc.
- 2019-2022 Graduate Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering, Liberty University
- 2019-2022 Student Trainee in Small Arms and Ballistics, Geotechnical and Structures Laboratory (GSL), US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) Engineering Research and Development Center (ERDC), Vicksburg MS
- 2017-present Product Development Engineer, Yobel Technologies, LLC
- 2017-2019 Graduate Research Fellow, Mechanical Engineering, Center for Advanced Vehicular Systems, Mississippi State University
- 2016-2019 Product Development Engineer, Predictive Design Technologies, LLC
- Finite Element Analysis
- Computational biomechanics
- Brain damage modeling
- Helmet design and performance evaluation
- Student competition team management
- Fonville, T. R., S. J. Scarola, Y. Hammi, Raj K. Prabhu, and Mark F. Horstemeyer. “Resonant frequencies of a human brain, skull, and head.” In Multiscale Biomechanical Modeling of the Brain, pp. 239-254. Academic Press, 2022.
- Bakhtiarydavijani, A., M. A. Murphy, Raj K. Prabhu, T. R. Fonville, and Mark F. Horstemeyer. “A macroscale mechano-physiological internal state variable (MPISV) model for neuronal membrane damage with subscale microstructural effects.” In Multiscale Biomechanical Modeling of the Brain, pp. 119-138. Academic Press, 2022.
- Hoffman, Jay R., Ishay Ostfeld, Amit Zamir, Roee Amedi, Tate R. Fonville, Mark F. Horstemeyer, and Yftach Gepner. “Examination of Cognitive Function, Neurotrophin Concentrations, and both Brain and Systemic Inflammatory Markers Following a Simulated Game of American Football.” Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research 36, no. 3 (2022): 686-694.
- Z. Shelly, E. Stewart, T.R. Fonville, R.F. Burch V, H. Chander, L. Strawderman, D. May, J.E. Smith, D. Carruth, C. Bichey, “Helmet Prototype Response Time Assessment Using NCAA Division 1 Collegiate Football Athletes” International Journal of Kinesiology and Sports Science 7, no. 4 (2019): 53-65.